FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5920 Discussions

Stratix10 SX Development Kit - using the UART connector (J22)

is1135
Beginner

Several related questions:

1. How can the UART connector (J22) be used as an output device for the SX10 - does this needs re programming the MAX10 device connected to the UART interface?

2. If MAX10 re porgramming is needed:

a. Is example code available?

b. Will loading code into it break any onboard functionality? 

c. If so where can I find the current MAX10 code so that I can modify it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. FYI, the board team stop providing the source file, we no longer provide the source code (Intel MAX 10) file of system for any Intel Development Kit board.

To answer your question:

a. Is example code available?

- NO

b. Will loading code into it break any onboard functionality?

- Yes

c. If so where can I find the current MAX10 code so that I can modify it?

- The board system Max10 is not for public, as it will damage the board if the contain/code is change by user. This action also could course to void the warranty of the board.

Apologize for any inconvenience caused.

0 Kudos
is1135
Beginner

Thank you for your answer to my second question, kindly reply to the first and more important question - "How can the UART connector (J22) be used as an output device for the SX10?"

Thank you

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

There’s an alternative to request the source code (Intel MAX 10) file although the release of it is stop, this required a CNDA verification.

Pls share with me CNDA number for verification purpose before we can proceed further

Name: 

Email Address:

Company Name: 

Company Address: 

CNDA number:

And for privacy, you can reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and It is not recommended to keep a Case idle too long without activities. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos