FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Unclear synthesis message

ymiler
Employee

Hi

My Quartus Prime pro version is 22.3

I get no clear error message in Analysis & Synthesis step :

The following tri-state nodes are fed by constants : The node 
; 13032:13033 ; ; The following tri-state nodes are fed by constants : The node "scp_fpga_instance_wrapper_inst|cnvi_top|cnv_hip_wrapper_inst_0|cnv_hip_inst|n1" is fed by VCC 
; 13032:13033 ; ;The following tri-state nodes are fed by constants : The node "scp_fpga_instance_wrapper_inst|cnvi_top|cnv_hip_wrapper_inst_0|cnv_hip_inst|n1" is fed by GND

The following tri-state nodes are fed by constants
Warning (13033): The node "scp_fpga_instance_wrapper_inst|cnvi_top|cnv_hip_wrapper_inst_0|cnv_hip_inst|n1" is fed by VCC
Warning (13033): The node "scp_fpga_instance_wrapper_inst|cnvi_top|cnv_hip_wrapper_inst_0|cnv_hip_inst|n1" is fed by GND

When I try to investigate it I don't find any "n1" signal in this hierarchy 

please advise. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Hi,
look sharp, it's no error, just a warning. The connection may be intentional.

If you don't find n1, you should at least be able to locate cnv_hip_inst in RTL or post synthesis netlist.
0 Kudos
ymiler
Employee

Hi

I forgot to add that finally there was error following to the warnings: 

Error(13076): The node "scp_fpga_instance_wrapper_inst|cnvi_top|cnv_hip_wrapper_inst_0|cnv_hip_inst|n1" has multiple drivers.
Error(20073): "constant VCC" is one of the multiple drivers.
Error(20073): "constant GND" is one of the multiple drivers.

Indeed, I can find the cnv_hip_inst instance in the RTL , but if I can't find n1 I don't have any clue how solve/understand the issue. 

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Have you able to locate the node? and then cross probe to rtl?

0 Kudos
ymiler
Employee

I found the issue, there were two assignments to same wire ( 1 in RTL and the other through XMR )

Quartus message was unclear - the node had a different name then Quartus indicated.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Are you able to solve this issue?

0 Kudos