FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

factory reset of 10AX dev kit

dsun01
New Contributor III

Dear Support, 

I just got a second hand 10AX dev kit, it's power on, but nothing shows on the little display. 

I connected the usb cable, the quatus programmer can detect the board. and after I select the 10AX115s2, it will show the linked device as in the attached picture, ( so I guess the board may be a good one).  how to reset the board to default factory configuration if this board is a good one? please give me detail instruction or links to procedure. I am not very familiar to this board, and A10 FPGA. 

Appreciate your help.

David Sun

new develop board.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Farabi
Employee

Hello David,

Before we start debugging, I want to to make sure the board you have in hand now.

Could you please confirm if this is the board you have?

link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683526/current/general-description.html

regards,

Farabi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello David,

Before we start debugging, I want to to make sure the board you have in hand now.

Could you please confirm if this is the board you have?

link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683526/current/general-description.html

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

Hi Farabi

I am very excited get your response, yes, the board is the one you mentioned. 

I attached a picture while the board was powered up.

Best Regards,

David

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

Hi Intel Support and Expert, 

Is anyone know how to recover this board to the factory status?

hope it is a good board? it cost me more than $1500 from ebay. 

appreciate your help.

David 

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

follow the instruction 

To do a factory reset, follow these steps:
1. Set the board switches to the factory default settings described in ¡°Factory Default Switch Settings".
2. Open GUI application "BoardTestSystem.exe"
a. Launch NIOS II command shell, change to directory *\examples\board_test_system\, and then type in "./BoardTestSystem.exe" to open the GUI
b. Change to directory *\examples\board_test_system\, and then double click "BoardTestSystem.exe" to open the GUI
3. Select "Restore -> Factory Restore".
4. Set the correct board information and then click restore. Please note the restore process takes about 10 minutes.

when execute 

BoardTestSystem.exe

a system Error pop up, says

the code execution cannot proceed because mfc100dll was not found, reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 

reinstall which program? 

Thank you for help.

David

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

Hi Farabi,

I changed a computer, same win10, for same reason it can run boardtestsystem.exe.

and the board restored to factory successfully. 

Thank you very much,

David

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello David,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos