GPU Compute Software
Ask questions about Intel® Graphics Compute software technologies, such as OpenCL* GPU driver and oneAPI Level Zero
153 Discussions

Docs missing for several OpenCL extensions?

allanmac
Novice

Is there another repository for extension docs other than the Khronos repo?

For the Arc GPU on the latest Ubuntu IGC these extension docs are missing from the Khronos repo:

cl_intel_dot_accumulate
cl_intel_subgroup_local_block_io
cl_intel_va_api_media_sharing

The same goes for the Data Center GPU Max 1100 GPU:

cl_intel_dot_accumulate
cl_intel_subgroup_extended_block_read
cl_intel_subgroup_local_block_io

I understand if they're in flux.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
allanmac
Novice

Whoops, this was cut-and-paste error into my spreadsheet.

• cl_intel_subgroup_local_block_io added support for block reads and writes in local memory in addition to global and constant memory (link).  I'll need to check why it is not on the registry.

Ah, that is what I was hoping.  I can work off the existing cl_intel_subgroups extension and substitute __global for __local.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ben_A_Intel
Employee

Hello!  Ultimately we want to post all of our extensions on the Khronos registry.  For these extensions in particular:

• cl_intel_dot_accumulate: this is in our extension string by mistake and this should be fixed in an upcoming release.  This was an older internal vendor extension that became unnecessary now that we have the standard cl_khr_integer_dot_product extension instead.
  • cl_intel_va_api_media_sharing is already on the registry.
  • cl_intel_subgroup_local_block_io added support for block reads and writes in local memory in addition to global and constant memory (link).  I'll need to check why it is not on the registry.
  • I'll also need to follow up regarding cl_intel_subgroup_extended_block_read.

Thanks!

-- Ben

0 Kudos
allanmac
Novice

Whoops, this was cut-and-paste error into my spreadsheet.

Ah, that is what I was hoping.  I can work off the existing cl_intel_subgroups extension and substitute __global for __local.

Thanks!

0 Kudos