Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

游戏《航海世纪》崩溃

LoveYuan
Beginner
我使用thinkpad L14 gen3笔记本电脑(i5-1235U处理器),尝试进入游戏《航海世纪》,每次进入游戏后,不到1分钟的时间就会游戏卡死、崩溃。之前我使用的是Thinkpad L440笔记本(i5-4300M)是完全没有问题的。 驱动已经尝试过OEM驱动以及英特尔的最新驱动,都无法解决问题。
0 Kudos
10 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, LoveYuan.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Please be informed that I can only support you in English. I have used a web translation tool to translate this response hence, there may be some inaccurate translation.

Given that your previous ThinkPad L440 notebook had no issues running the game, it's puzzling that you're encountering freezes and crashes on the newer device. Since you've already tried both the OEM driver and Intel's latest driver without success, it's possible that there might be other factors at play. Have you checked for any compatibility issues between the game and your specific hardware configuration? Sometimes, certain combinations of hardware and software can lead to unexpected issues.

Additionally, it might be worth exploring if there are any specific settings or optimizations recommended for running Age of Sail on newer hardware. Sometimes, tweaking graphics settings or adjusting compatibility settings can help resolve compatibility issues.

Finally, knowing your processor and laptop model is a good start, but I could still use more information about your system configuration. Please run the Intel SSU report and share the results with me so I can verify details such as OS build, driver version, errors logged at the system level, etc.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, LoveYuan.

I hope you are doing fine.
Were you able to check the previous post? 
Kindly let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,
Von M.

0 Kudos
LoveYuan
Beginner

Hello, I still need help. Here is SSU report. I have tried all ways as i can, eg. changing graphics settings, but xe graphics don't work normally.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, LoveYuan.

Thank you for your prompt response. 

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available. 

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, LoveYuan.

Apologize for the delayed response.

If you're experiencing freezing and crashing with "Age of Sail," here are some steps you can take to attempt to resolve the issue:

1. Verify Game Integrity:

• If you're playing on Steam, go to your Library, right-click on the game, select "Properties," go to the "Local Files" tab, and click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache." This will check for any missing or corrupted files and repair them.

2. Check Antivirus Software:

• Your antivirus might be blocking the game. Try disabling it temporarily to see if that resolves the issue. Remember to exclude the game from your antivirus threat list if it's being blocked.

3. Lower In-Game Settings:

• Try lowering the game's graphics settings to see if that prevents crashes.

4. Run System File Checker:

• Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type sfc /scannow to scan for and restore corrupted system files.

Furthermore, to gain a deeper understanding of the issue, It would be a great help if you could provide us with the following information:

• Could you please confirm the platform on which the game is being played? Is it Steam or a different digital distribution service
  • When the system crashes, does it display any error messages? If there's an error message, what is the error message?
  • Has there been an attempt to reach out to the game's developer regarding this issue?
  • Update the graphics driver to version 31.0.101.5445.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
LoveYuan
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. 

1. Verify Game Integrity: it is a independent game, and running by downloaded and decompressed, and i have tried re-download several times.

2.Check Antivirus Software: the OS is only using the windows defender.

3. Lower In-Game Settings: the game is using the lowerest graphhics settings.

4. Run System File Checker: the OS has been re-setuped WIN10 or WIN11 for serveral times. 

5.(a) it is a independent game and running by downloaded and decompressed.

(b) an error message appear in the OS logs. Please see the shots.

(c) the game's developer has no idea.

(d) I have tried the driver version 31.0.101.5445 and 31.0.101.5448 and 31.0.101.5518.

IMG_20240515_125045.jpgIMG_20240515_125121.jpgIMG_20240515_125142.jpg

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, LoveYuan.

Thank you for providing these details.

I understand that you've attempted to re-download the independent game multiple times without success and configured some In-game settings, but the issue still the same.

However, further investigation is required on this matter, and we will provide a response on this thread once it becomes available.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, LoveYuan.

Apologies for the late response.

Could you provide us with the direct link to the download source of the game? We understand it is an independent game, and while our research indicates that Steam is the usual platform for its download, your guidance on this matter would be invaluable for our replication process.

Best regards,
Von M.

0 Kudos
LoveYuan
Beginner
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, LoveYuan.

Thanks for sharing the download resources. I'll make sure to check them out, conduct additional research, and investigate further. I'll return to this thread with my findings as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos