Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
395 Discussions

Better FPS in battery than AC

Joooana
Beginner

Hi, I usually play games and for the past week I noticed that my FPS on battery was about 60 (it was the same before) but when I play my laptop in the FPS drops to below 30 and its unplayable.

So I watched some youtube videos on fixing it but nothing worked. I've noticed that when I'm running off of battery my cpu and gpu usage is about 50% and when I connect it to AC the cpu usage remains the same but my gpu usage is about 90% constantly

Can someone help me fix this pls, thank

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joooana
Beginner

Laptop specs :

CPU : 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz

RAM : 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable)

GPU1 : Intel iris XE graphics

GPU2 : nVidia GeForce Mx330 (I have it disabled in the device manager) 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Joooana,

Thank you for posting in the communities. Since you mention you have a laptop, may I please know the exact model of your system? You may share with us your Intel System Support Utility logs so we can be more familiar with it's configuration as well. Kindly also list out the games where you are experiencing this issue. Just to confirm as well, when you mention AC, are you referring to a power source? Does this mean that when the laptop is being charged, that is when the fps drop occurs? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Joooana
Beginner

My laptop is Dell Vostro 15 3500

I mostly play Valorant, minecraft.

Yes, I'm referring to a power source, the FPS drop occurs when the battery is being charged

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Joooana, 

Thank you for sharing this information. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. They might have specific settings that needs to be turned off or disabled as well. It would be best to contact your system manufacturer to confirm if there is such software on your laptop and how to disable the setting. You may reach out to this link

For your reference, you may visit this link: Refresh Rate Changes When Unplugging Laptop Charger 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos