Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
384 Discussions

Eve online not loading on Toshiba laptop with Intel i5cpu 430m processor

alyxandrea
Beginner

Hey, so I'm going to try to make this short and sweet.  We have a Toshiba satellite A505 laptop that will not run EVE online through Steam.  Along with that when we have Steam pulled up the library will not populate. We can't get EVE to play through Steam either.  We have windows 7 home but we receive a message stating that it is not a genuine edition.   We have ethernet plugged in but computer doesn't register the connection in the bottom right hand corner.  It says "not connected".  We have tried a SLEW of things to try to remedy this.  

I.E.= Disabled firewalls/ gave permission for EVE, updated Directx, C++ gets downloaded when trying to launch EVE for 1st time, tried clearing caches (not sure if we cleared the correct ones),  tried updating windows (won't let us), tried restoring computer to earlier time, to no avail., downloaded an app to open VDF files, tried to install windows 8.1 media tool to then upgrade to windows 10 to... no avail. 

I'm sure we've done more but I can't remember the rest. We're at a loss.  Any insight would be deeply appreciated .

Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop

Intel i5 430m processor, 4GB RAM

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD graphics card

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It is very likely that your 13-year old processor and graphics are not supported by Steam, and it is certainly not supported by Windows 10.

You need to upgrade your hardware to something made in this decade.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
alyxandrea
Beginner

I understand that this setup is QUITE archaic. One of the reasons we have been trying is because of the information we have found stating that these various pieces of hardware can support gameplay.  Albeit not the greatest but functional, nonetheless. I was thinking it may have to do with our version of windows

Thank you:)  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello alyxandrea,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see those fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website, website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos