Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
380 Discussions

Extreme lag on Intel Iris XE

CryoLexis
New Contributor I

So I just downloaded the game Planet zoo, and was expecting acceptable performance from the game, considering the game Jurassic world evolution made by the same developers runs perfectly fine at 60fps sometimes, but after going into the menu of the game, the game runs ok at 45fps, but there are weird artifaces and a weird grain effect in the background, and after going into a new game, i get 12fps, and opening a zoo ive made already gives me 7fps if im lucky, please i need a solution. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis

Thank you for posting on our Intel® Gaming Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to play Planet Zoo on your system. Please let us know the following information:

1.-Share a short video showing both the low performance of the game as well as the graphical issues that you mention.

2.-Share screenshots of the graphics settings that you are using.

3.-Have you tried different graphic settings?

4.-Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the log file to get more information about your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Hey, thanks for responding. Ill try to share a clip soon, but yes I have changed my graphics settings to multiple. The highest fps i get is 20=25fps, on the low settings at 480p windowed. Ive attached the system info and thhe glitch on my menu

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis

Thank you for the information provided. Based on the log file that you provided, let's try to update the graphics driver to the latest version 30.0.101.4091, please do a clean installation.

We also noticed that your system has an NVIDIA GeForce MX330 GPU, Did you make sure that the game is not using this adapter instead of Intel's since generally, games will use the most powerful in this case the Nvidia? You can try disabling the adapters from the Device manager and try each adapter individually.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Alright, ill try that, thanks. Also, yes i made sure the mx330 was disabled when running the game, and i also amde sure to choose iris from the displaya dapters option in game. I always do make sure to disable the nvidia driver since performance has always been total garbage on it, iris has never had this big of a performance issue before for me. Ill hope the update works.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis

Please share with us the results of testing the driver I shared in my previous post, also, please note that there is even a newer driver that recently came out, version 31.0.101.4123 you can also test this one if the issue is still not resolved.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

Yes i was, thanks. Performance has increased a lot since i lst posted. Even before updating, i guess it ws a temporary error. Works at a ok fps now. thanks

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis

It is good to know that performance has improved so you are able to play this game. Are the graphical corruption or glitches that you mentioned in your original post gone as well? Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis

Since you informed us that the performance increased on the game we would like to confirm if the graphical glitches were resolved also. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
CryoLexis
New Contributor I

All of a sudden, yesterday, when i opened the game up it was lagging LIKE CRAZY. It worked perfectly fine a few days back, but now opening old saves would destroy fps, while new saves with nothing placed works absolutely fine. Also, menu glitches havent fixed themselves. the odd graphical glitches in the background still occur.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis

If performance issues are only happening on old game save files, it might be related to corrupted files in the game itself, we would recommend reinstalling the game completely.

As for the graphical glitches are they exactly the same as the screenshot that you first provided in this thread?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello CryoLexis

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
AyushOMG100p
Beginner

So i just downloaded fortnite and i was expecting over a 100 fps at the resolution at 800×600 , and it got over a 100 fps but it was not stable it was going even below to 30 fps. I tried it even in valorant, and i was getting more than 60fps but i don't know why the fps is not stable. The fps gets even worse after installing the latest Intel Iris Xe Graphics. If im lucky Please help me out.

0 Kudos
AyushOMG100p
Beginner

This is the Specifications of the laptop screenshot.

0 Kudos