Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Fortnite on Iris XE

NZRanger
Beginner

This issue relates to stuttering on Fortnite on an ASUS Vivobook ( X1704VA, using the Intel® Core™ i7-1355U Processor  ) with 40GB of memory ( 8GB hardwired, 32GB DDR4 3200  module added. 20gb reports being allocated to Iris XE going by Windows perf monitor ).  This laptop is only a couple of weeks old and all drivers are up to date.

I note others have mentioned this issue but did not reply to questions and so the topic was closed off, however the issue is real and still ongoing.  There is very real frame dropping going on where the game runs really smoothly then will drop from with the 40's FPS down to almost single digits for a second or so and then back up.  There appears to be a bottleneck happening on the driver side of things which I believe should be fixable due to the fact that the game CAN run well. I have played with settings within Fortnite but noted no real difference.

If there is any more information you would like please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks kindly

Dave

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello NZRanger,

I have noticed that you are reporting a stuttering issue with Fortnite, Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern. It would be best if we gather first the following details so we can determine what is causing the stuttering.

1. When did the issue started? Was it sudden or gradual?
  2. Is this issue also happening on other games?
  3. Was the system working before?
  4. Have you made any changes before the issue occurred? If you do, kindly please indicate if it is a software or a hardware change.
  5. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 
  6. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility located at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html.
  7. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi NZRanger, 

I am just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to solve this issue. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi NZRanger, 

As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos