Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Fps drops and lag

Mateo2
Beginner

Hello,

So, as the title says, I have a lot of issues with lag and fps drops in games. The thing is this started since the first day I got this laptop. The most weird case of this fps drop and lag is in minecraft. And of course when I play more heavy games like APEX it is worse. 

I will put a video so you can see (minecraft). Look at the fps at the top right corner when I enter and leave the building. 

https://youtu.be/6za-_3htkok 

I have tried every posible optimization but nothing helped. Pls help.

My gpu is Intel Iris Xe Graphics

CPU:11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Mateo2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, I will be glad to help you.

In order to better assist you, please perform the following steps:

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Mateo2
Beginner

Hey Steven,

I did all of this and it didn't change. The only weird thing is that I get a bit better performance when I use higher quality settings instead of performance settings.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed response.

I would like to investigate about this issue. In order to do so, please provide the following information:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mateo2
Beginner

Hey Steven,

Here are the picture, and the document with the ssu info attached

Mateo2_0-1675268155462.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Mateo2,

I appreciate the information you shared.

Checking the report you shared, I noticed that the BIOS version you have is the 310. Based on the Asus Website (https://www.asus.com/supportonly/x515ea/helpdesk_bios/) the latest version available is Version 311. Please, update the BIOS to the latest version, you should contact Asus for the proper BIOS update steps.

Also, the graphics driver reported is 27.20.100.9268, We would like to confirm if you have followed our recommendation to perform a clean installation of the latest graphics driver 31.0.101.4032. Further details were shared in a previous post.

Best regards,

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Mateo2
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know about this. I did the changes but in game I see no difference, could you check if everything is ok in this document?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

It seems everything is updated now. Thank you for performing the steps.

I will work further on this issue and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mateo2
Beginner

Thanks to you for your help. I will be waiting

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Mateo2,

I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on this. We are currently trying to replicate the issue, so I will post back here once I have the results.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Mateo2
Beginner

Hey Steven,

There is of course no problem if it takes a bit, thanks btw for taking your time to look through this.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Mateo2,

We did a fresh installation of Windows 10 and Windows 11, played both Apex and Minecraft (Java and Bedrock) after installing latest drivers, and we were unable to reproduce the issue. Both games were playable and had FPS between 40-60 for Apex and 60 steady for Minecraft.

At this point, I would recommend you to contact the laptop manufacturer for further assistance, as it could be related to hardware.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos