Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
361 Discussions

Get Fullscreen Game to use Black Bars instead of Stretching

FishPod
Beginner

When I play Fallout 4: It screeches to to fill the whole screen. I don't want that, because that distorts the picture (e.g. a circle becomes an oval). How do I get Fallout 4 to show black bars instead of screeching? Shattered Union, another video game, shows back bars.

Mods: Feel free to move this thread if I've put it in the wrong place (I'm new here).

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @FishPod

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Have you checked the game settings menu? Since there is another video game with no issue, doesn't seem to be a graphics issue. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
FishPod
Beginner

I couldn't find anything about using black bars in the game's settings menu. I was hoping there was a way to force the game to use black bars. On a related note: I can't find anything about managing specific games in the Intel Graphics Command Center. Was that feature removed?

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @FishPod

Thank you for your response. 

The Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC) doesn't have the Games tab anymore, since our Intel® Arc Control app has the Games Features and it's more focused on this subject. However, if you can only use the IGCC, you can opt-in for the IGCC beta version that is still available. 

Regarding your initial issue, you can follow the steps of these articles as possible ways to solve the stretch problem: 

1. The Stretched Resolution Setting Isn't Working in Games  
  2. How to Set Games Full Screen While Using Intel® Graphics  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
FishPod
Beginner

The system requirements for the "Intel® Arc Control" app say:

11th Generation Intel® Core processor or newer or an Intel® Arc™ Dedicated Graphics card

The Windows "System Information" app on my computer says:

Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU GOLD 6500Y @ 1.10GHz, 1608 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Does this mean that the "Intel® Arc Control" app is not compatible with my computer?

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @FishPod .   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @FishPod

Let me do some research about it, as soon as I have confirmed this, I will let you know here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @FishPod

Thank you for your time. 

The Intel® Pentium® CPU GOLD 6500Y is from Amber Lake structure, which has UHD 615 graphics, it belongs to the 8th generation, so it won't be compatible based on the minimum requirements for the Intel®  Arc Control app. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @FishPod.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @FishPod.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos