Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
398 Discussions

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz Locked at 0.39GHz when in a game.

alxti
Beginner

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 15IIL05 with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz CPU. Yesterday, (3/26/2023) it performed in games perfectly fine. Then a few minutes later, all of a sudden I was getting 8 frames per second and my CPU clock was locked at 0.39GHz. All day today (3/27/2023) I have been working on trying to find a fix. I have gone into settings and set the games I play to high performance, I have tried going into Control Panel and setting the settings for the minimal CPU usage to 100% when plugged in and 75% when on battery. I have restarted at least 5 times with all the changes I have done and nothing works. The CPU functions properly when doing normal tasks like watching YouTube, but not when doing any sort of gaming. I have searched through countless forums and none of them help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello alxti,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are having issues with your system performance, and your processor is locked at 0.39GHz when in a game.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is the game with issues?
  • You mentioned that the system was working fine before. Was there any driver or Windows update before the issue started?
  • Try rolling back the graphics driver to a previous version.
  • Confirm that the processor passes the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test.
  • Confirm that no other heavy workload programs are running in the background while playing:
    • Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
    • Click the CPU and Memory tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU or RAM (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
alxti
Beginner

I solved the problem by doing a forced reboot of my computer, I googled why my CPU was locked at 0.39GHz and apparently it was a cause of overheating and the chip does that to prevent future overheating. I found this odd because I cannot see the temperature of my processor anywhere, only my GPU and battery. Thanks anyways!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello alxti,

Thanks for the information provided

We are glad to know that the issues seem to be solved after a forced reboot. It is true that if the CPU temperature is above specifications, it may start throttling and reduce its performance. There are third-party applications available online that should allow you to monitor GPU, CPU, and RAM usage and temperatures while in-game; however, it is important to mention that their information may not be accurate.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello alxti,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos