Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
384 Discussions

Iris Xe GPU and Hogwarts Legacy

Deotech
Novice
I have Inspiron 5502, maxed out RAM (32GB), Iris Xe GPU, 11th generation i7. I'm trying to get Hogwarts Legacy via Steam to run smooth. It's happened twice, one when it fist started, and once when I was doing stuff to Windows per internet suggestions. I got lightning to strick once and want to do it again but don't know how. I've done ALL internet suggestions but most of the time gameplay is very stop & go but functional.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Deotech,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel Iris Xe.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Can you provide more details about the issue?

2. Can you take a picture or video of the issue?

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

4. What are the RAM model, amount, and speed?

5. What is the graphics driver installed?

6. Do you have issues with other games?

7. Do you get any errors with Hogwarts Legacy?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Deotech
Novice
1. The game is set at the lowest graphics quality & frame rate and the play is very stuttery/choppy. The only 2 times play has been very smooth was on day 1 and once when I was making changes in Windows based on internet suggestions. I got the game to run smooth twice and want to keep playing it smoothly.

2. I don't think I can take or upload a video of what the game play is like.

3. Windows 11 with the latest updates & drivers.

4. Two Samsung 16GB, DDR4, 3200MHz (32GB total). This is the maximum according to Intel.

5. Latest Driver for Iris Xe GPU from Intel.

6. I have two 8yr old games from Steam, they have no issues.

7. No errors from the game or Windows. Just very choppy character & environment movement.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Deotech, 

Thanks for the information provided. Before we continue further, I would need you to try the following.

Clean install of the Intel drivers:

Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html

Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389.html

If the issue persists, provide the following:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Deotech
Novice
Actually, I found the bottleneck. There was 1 or 2 programs that used a fair amount of memory. I had to use Task Manager --> Details to find them and end them. I also set Hogwarts Legacy as "realtime" priority and now the game runs smooth! I've shutdown & re ran HL twice since and still smooth play
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Deotech, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I am glad to know that the game is running smoothly now. I will close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Remember to check with the game developer for the optimal settings for Hogwarts Legacy.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos