Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
384 Discussions

Since last week Fortnite became very slow, GPU goes to 100% because of DWM.exe

Shardana
Beginner

Since last week my child can no longer play Fortnite.

The GPU goes to 100% through Fortnite and DWM.exe.

We have already contacted Epic Games from Fortnite, already searched on websites to solve it, but nothing works (windows settings, driver updates, Fortnite update/settings, virus scan, ...).

When Fortnite starts the GPU goes to 100% and everything is very slow.

What can I do to solve it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Shardana
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I did the scan 2 times, once before running Fortnite (Intel_01.txt), once while running Fortnite with GPU going to 100% (Intel_02.txt).

Both files are included.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Shardana,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities, we understand that you are experiencing performance issues when playing Fortnite.

To try to solve your issue you can try the following:

• Confirm that no other heavy workload programs are running in the background while playing.
    • Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
    • Click the CPU and Memory tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU or RAM (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).
  • It is important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). Please install the latest driver from Asus Website, 30.0.101.1003.
  • Confirm that the processor passes the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Shardana,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Shardana
Beginner

Hello,

I checked the previous post but it didn't help.

I did some extra research myself on the internet and found some options for the fan noise in windows.

Currently it was on 'make no noise' but I changed it to 'best performance'.

After that change everything started to work again, probably there's also dust in my laptop.

So, probably the CPU or GPU were getting too hot which I didn't expect because another tool told me that the temperature was low...

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Shardana,

Thanks for the information provided.

We are glad to know that the system is now working. Since this issue is now solved, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos