Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

When will VR be supported?

Der_Heiland-05
Beginner
It's been already more than two years since the Arc A770 launched, yet I can't find any information when VR will be supported. Is it at least on the roadmap or is there no certainty that it will come at all? If the latter applies I'll probably switch to a different brand and please don't reply with those automated messages everyone seems to get...
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RyanFeeko
New Contributor I

hi @Der_Heiland-05 , seems the VR still not supported.

also found in reddit shared too and they said can only virtual desktop

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/104fs86/oculus_pc_vr_w_intel_770_750_gpu_yes_you_can_play/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RyanFeeko
New Contributor I

hi @Der_Heiland-05 , seems the VR still not supported.

also found in reddit shared too and they said can only virtual desktop

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/104fs86/oculus_pc_vr_w_intel_770_750_gpu_yes_you_can_play/

0 Kudos
bobo2024
Beginner

Intel does not appear to care about future VR support for their (aged) ARC750-770 series of graphic cards. Or is incompetent to do so .

Although I would have loved to help Intel becoming a new choice in the market ,  this will be a serious blow even to think about getting an intel card again.  I am convinced the raw power of the card is not the trouble ,  but releasing a card claiming to support newest technology ( rbar , DX12 , raytracing, deep link, latest CPU ,etc) and not to support VR is unacceptable.

Worse is to keep customer in false hopes that the developerteam is evolving the drivers in the future , which after more than a year is obviously wrong.

To claim this problem as solved  and advising to use Desktop VR is a joke. 

So Intel,  tell the truth and admit not to do anything to add VR support.

A very disappointed arc 770 User who will never again by a graphic-card made by intel.

0 Kudos
RyanFeeko
New Contributor I

Hi @bobo2024 , yeah a bit upset. Hopefully they are working on VR. or maybe for the next coming model....

because i can see in the future VR will be common features. but still we dont know when they will release it.

0 Kudos