Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
395 Discussions

i7-12700 on 100°C while Gaming

Guesdt
Beginner

Hello!
As you can see from the title, I have a problem.
My CPU sometimes runs at 80°C when playing games, then as soon as I have Twitch open, it's at 95-100°C.
My cooler is: Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B

I also have a RTX 4090.

The cooler runs on max according to the values, the CPU has a maximum of current 120-130, not 180 as specified.

I hope someone can help me.
I heard these values are "normal" for this CPU?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Guesdt
Beginner

Hello!
I have fixed the problem, it was still the plastic film from the cooler on it, which should actually be removed.
Now my temperature is back to normal at 40-50°C and not higher.

IMG_2763.jpeg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Guesdt

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing high temperatures with your Intel® Core™ i7-12700 Processor. I would like to advise the following recommendations:

• Reset your BIOS to default settings.
  • Reseat the cooler to the motherboard and make sure the cooler plate is making proper contact with the processor.

If the issue continues, please share the following information with us:

• Was the system working fine before? Did the issue start after an update or was the processor experiencing high temperatures since the system was built?
  • Share with us screenshots of your monitoring software showing these high temperatures, if you could provide a video of the issue as it happens that will be better.
  • Does the issue strictly only happen when opening Twitch or does it happen with other apps as well?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Guesdt

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Guesdt
Beginner

Hello!
I have fixed the problem, it was still the plastic film from the cooler on it, which should actually be removed.
Now my temperature is back to normal at 40-50°C and not higher.

IMG_2763.jpeg

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Guesdt

Good to know you were able to resolve the issue after removing the protective layer. It can be something easy to miss. Thank you for sharing your findings with us.Since the thread is now resolved we will close it. Feel free to open a new thread if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos