Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

3 monitors simultaneously intel UHD Graphics 630 (Integrated GPU) with MSI H310M PRO-M2 PLUS

seifeslimene
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to know if the intel UHD Graphics 630 (Integrated GPU) support 3 monitors simulteanously on MSI H310M PRO-M2 PLUS motherboard? (direct HDMI, DVI-D I use adapter to HDMI, VGA I use VGA directly)? I tried this but only 2 screens works not the third one Thanks!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Short answer: No.

Note the footnote in this snippet from the manual:

n_scott_pearson_1-1711500740087.png

It's really too bad. If the motherboard had been designed right, instead of cheaping out, three displays could have been supported. The processor has three display output channels and each could have supported a separate connector. Alternatively, they could have exposed a DisplayPort channel and that could have been used to support multiple monitors using DisplayPort Daisy-Chaining or a MST Hub device.

Sorry,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Short answer: No.

Note the footnote in this snippet from the manual:

n_scott_pearson_1-1711500740087.png

It's really too bad. If the motherboard had been designed right, instead of cheaping out, three displays could have been supported. The processor has three display output channels and each could have supported a separate connector. Alternatively, they could have exposed a DisplayPort channel and that could have been used to support multiple monitors using DisplayPort Daisy-Chaining or a MST Hub device.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
seifeslimene
Beginner

Unfortunately 😕

and yes the CPU has 3 Signals:

• VGA (Analogue Signal).
  • HDMI (Digital Signal (HDMI and DVI are Pin Compatible just different Connectors)).
  • DP (Digital Signal but not pin compatible and to make it anything else it needs a converter chip that the motherboard does not have as its to save money and as such its not used).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It's true that the DP signal is not pin compatible (with HDMI), but that's not the issue. There are, for example, DP-to-HDMI cables that have that LSPcon chip built right into them. There are also DP adapters (called MST Hubs) that provide two or even three HDMI ports for connecting monitors. 
This is all moot for this motherboard, of course.
...S

0 Kudos