Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

ARC A770 is killing my audio

bricken66
New Contributor I

Once again im  adressing this problem with Arc A770 and USB-C audio interface compability. Before i installed the Arc A770 in my system i never had any sound glitches at all, after reinstalling Windows 11 and Windows 10 and all drivers the problems still is there. In Ubuntu there is no problems. 

My system is.

Msi MAG Z690 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4

Intel i9 12900K

64GB DDR4 3600Mhz

2 Kingston 1 TB Rage Fury NVMe gen 4

Intel ARC A 770 16GB Limited Edition

Antelope Zen Go Synergy Core Audio Interface

Dont ask me to provide any videos or other media to prove my problems.

As this is my mainrig for creation of sound and video this is a big problem.

Dissable resizable bar in UEFI fixes the problems in Windows.

70 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I can also confirm this issue. I did not have any audio issues with my previous graphics card. Reinstalled windows 10 and the issue persists. The audio popping and stuttering seems to be even worse when using heavier applications. However, it also cracks and pops just browsing the web and listening to something at the same time.

I also tried disabling resize-bar and the issue went away immediately. No pops or crackles with resize-bar disabled. Hopefully this can be resolved soon. 

System: 

i7 12700k 

MSI Z690 - A Pro DDR4 

32gb XPG 3600mhz

Intel ARC A 770 16GB LE

EVGA G5 1000w

Robert_Q_Intel

Hello bricken66 & eclipsel

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ Arc communities.

Thank you for sharing the description and information about the systems.

We are at the moment working on this issue internally, we would like to confirm the following information:

• Are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

• Have you tried reseating the card in the PCI-e Port?

In the meantime, we will continue to work on the reports and will try our best to provide you with more information/recommendations to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert, 

Thank you for the response. I can confirm I am using the most recent BIOS for my motherboard, 7D25v19

Just reseated the card and the issue persists.

More information/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I

Hi Robert

im on the latest Bios 7D32v19.

i have changed to my old RX580 and back to ARC A770 a couple of times so it is resaeted.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello bricken66 & eclipsel

Thank you very much for posting your replies, 

We are working on this issue internally.

We will get back to you as soon as we have more information

Best Regards

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Philthy-Phil
New Contributor I

I too can confirm this issue. My PC is strictly for audio production, photography and video production, no gaming, and this issue is very frustrating

My specs:

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 16 Core LGA 1700 3.20 GHz
Asus Prime Z690-P WiFi LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard
64.0 GB DDR5 RAM
Intel ARC A 770 16GB
Windows 11
3x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD
Gigabyte 850W 80+ Gold Power Supply (GP-P850GM)
Noctua NH-U12S PWM Chromax Black CPU Cooler

Once I disable the resize bar - all issues disappear.  I hope there is a fix for this soon.

0 Kudos
n64robert
Novice

Same thing here, been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's causing it but narrowed it down to the GPU.

Z690 TUF GAMING

64GB RAM

A770 16GB

Latest Drivers and Bios as of 10/01/2023.

I really hope this can be resolved because it's very frustrating.

Robert_Q_Intel

Hello bricken66,

We are still working on this issue, to continue we would like to confirm the following information:

What was the ubuntu version used to test your device?

On Windows, if you remove the Antelope Audio Zen Synergy Core Audio Interface does the issue occur?

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I
When using builtin realtec audio and audio from hdmi theres no problem even if Resizable bar is enable, in Ubuntu 22.04.1 there is no problem with any audio option that i have.
0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I
What i can see is thats a problem with compability between Usb - ARC A770 - Resizable bar and PCIE.
0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I
I hope you can solve this problem, cant use this graphicscard in my rig anymore.
0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello bricken66,

Thank you for your post.

We appreciate your feedback and the information shared, we understand that you prefer to continue without using Intel® Arc™ graphics at this time.

We will continue to work to improve the usability of the Intel® Arc™ graphics cards.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question.

We encourage the users that still have the issue to open a new thread this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @bricken66,

We understand that when the Antelope Zen Go Synergy Core Audio Interface is not in use and instead a straight connection is used the issue with the audio is fixed even with the resizable bar enabled, this behavior indicates that the drivers and graphics card are working properly.

We suggest contacting Antelope in order to confirm the compatibility of the Antelope Zen Go Synergy Core Audio Interface with your computer.

We will continue to monitor this thread for the next few days.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I

Hi
As i mentioned before, it works with other graphicscards and in Ubuntu. There is others that have this problems here with other sondcards.

0 Kudos
bricken66
New Contributor I

I dont understand why a bigtech company like INTEL is trying to point the problems at sombody else, the problem accured when installing your graphicscard, it worked flawless before. my rig is all INTEL and costs a lot and im feeling like you are not taking us serious when we report on our problems with this. It works like a charm with other Graphics vendors, but not with ARC dispite its your own Chipset and CPU in my rig. Let me give you a tip, accuire USB Soundcards and try it yourself ! You can afford it but i cant afford another graphicscard.

Philthy-Phil
New Contributor I

I absolutely 100% agree with your statement. I spent big money on an Intel Rig and this sounds like they are passing the buck.

I have a USB soundcard:

Behringer UMC404HD with all up to date drivers and this issue is driving me mad.

Pick up your game Intel

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @bricken66 

Thank you for your reply, in this specific case as we continue to investigate this issue we advised confirming with the manufacturer of the audio interface that there are no compatibility issues from the Interface's end.

We will continue to investigate possible causes on our end, as soon as we have more details we will get back to you.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
midrange
Beginner

I am the owner of a Nuc 12 Enthusiast and I have the same problem, it is not possible to play audio via USB-C without interference. With the Nuc12 it is not even possible to deactivate the resizable bar option.
I think it's cheeky to publish such a product with so many driver errors. It's reminiscent of Microsoft Windows. You buy a device for 1400 euros and can do practically nothing with it. I find the period of time in which the drivers are published to be outrageous. The errors are increasing every day.

Michael S. / Germany 

0 Kudos
midrange
Beginner

The fact is that it is not the fault of the audio interface manufacturers but is an absolutely badly programmed ARC driver

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello everyone,

We really appreciate all the feedback that you have provided so far. I want to let you know that we are currently investigating and trying to replicate this issue in our lab in order to find a proper solution.

I do have some recommendations and we also need some information from you:

1.-All community members that previously had a third-party GPU, please use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove any trace of previous drivers.

2.-Please test an older driver, you can try version 31.0.101.3490 just to check if there was any regression, if the issue continues to happen you can roll back to the latest driver, also please note there is a newer Beta driver version 30.0.101.4090 recently released.

3.-All community members on this post affected by this issue, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attached the log file to gather more information about the system configurations that are being used.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos