Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Application which relies on OpenCL fails to start - Intel Iris Xe iGPU

M_M
Beginner

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, but I have an application that I am trying to run on a new Intel 11th gen Nuc, with the i5 CPU with integrated Iris Xe graphics.

The application I am trying to run is called "Nobe Omniscope" (found here: https://timeinpixels.com/nobe-omniscope/

I have previously run this on a few other machines, here is a quick summary:

Macbook Pro with Radeon Pro 455 - on this the app runs pretty flawlessly

Celeron J4125/UHD Graphics 600 - app runs slowly on this, but no big problems

Gigabyte Brix AMD 4800U/Radeon Graphics 8CU - App is problematic on this hardware, running slowly considering the system performance. Enabling/disabling OpenCL seems to make little difference to performance. App will often crash when trying to do 'too much' in the app.

On to my newly acquired Intel Nuc:

After installing Windows and all of the intel drivers I then installed the application.

Initially it refused to open at all.

I then enabled compatibility mode  with Windows Vista and this allowed it to start.

However, in the applications settings it was not detecting OpenCL.

If I disabled OpenCL in the application completely it would then only start for 5 seconds and then crash. Once OpenCL was disabled the application would start without compatibility mode enabled, but it still crashed seconds after starting.

I have contacted the author of the app. But I wanted to ask here as well incase there was anything I could try myself before they are able to figure it out. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
M_M
Beginner

Interestingly, this does allow the app to start without compatibility mode but the app still reports "OpenCl Pass:No" and crashes when trying to run a few windows at once.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello M_M

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Thank you for the information provided, please share with us the following information to try to replicate the problem:

• Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
  • Does this happen with a specific driver?
  • Steps to replicate it

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
M_M
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks, I have managed to get around to this today, I have attached the system report.

This is not related to a specific diver, it happens on a fresh Windows install.

To replicate the program 'Nobe Omniscope' needs to be downloaded and installed. It can be downloaded from this link: https://timeinpixels.com/download/78027/

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
M_M
Beginner

Hi, thanks for your reply, been difficult to get this back out to test recently as been very busy but I'll get to it as soon as I can, thanks for reminding me!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Let us know once you can get the information to continue.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. We are currently working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
M_M
Beginner
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

@M_M we were able to replicate the issue, you he already took the right approach reporting the issue to the developer. The application requires certain license keys that we cannot obtain and moving forward without the help of the application developer is not possible, so it is better if you first debug the problem from the application side and if they need our help they can contact us directly.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos