Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20686 Discussions

Apps Have Graphical Bugs (Cracks?)

Diaxbond
Beginner

In MyASUS the User Interface seems to be having a Graphical Error/Corruption.
It looks like the screen has cracks.

This happens in other apps too.

Hope some of the attached files help to solve this issue

(This also happened on a diffrent ASUS laptop that I used to own)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Diaxbond  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your laptop, I will do my best assist you. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue and try the following steps: 

1. Was it working before? 
  2. Which apps have the same issue? 
  3. Perform a Clean installation of your graphics drivers, using the latest graphics driver from your System Manufacturer. If it doesn't work, please try this step using the latest Intel graphics driver. Please follow the order described and check the notes: 

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: Since this is a laptop, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Note #3: In case you had to use the Intel driver, please find the instructions on how to install the driver in this article: How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Diaxbond  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your laptop, I will do my best assist you. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue and try the following steps: 

1. Was it working before? 
  2. Which apps have the same issue? 
  3. Perform a Clean installation of your graphics drivers, using the latest graphics driver from your System Manufacturer. If it doesn't work, please try this step using the latest Intel graphics driver. Please follow the order described and check the notes: 

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: Since this is a laptop, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Note #3: In case you had to use the Intel driver, please find the instructions on how to install the driver in this article: How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Diaxbond
Beginner

Uninstalling the Graphics Driver through Device Manager and Reinstalling it through my Manufactuer worked!

Thanks a lot @Jocelyn_Intel !

You can close this thread now.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Diaxbond  

Thank you for your reply.  

I am glad I could help you with this.  

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos