Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20738 Discussions

Arc A750: ‘Check for Update’ Times Out Bug only on Specific Windows User Account (may fix the bug)

Jimmy24
New Contributor I

SEE i may got the cause of this thing captured.

i have created a second windows account on my pc

so i noticed that in the main one which i am using whenever i ddu and install the fresh driver for that specific one time i get update through the intel arc control and then it wents timed out and stays like that, i always have to manually see for updates or take help of dsa

Now , in second account i founded that the bug was not there i.e everything works fine  but as soon as i go back to my main account the bug comes up ,

so maybe if i update through second account it does same as my main one i.e if i update driver through my second account through arc control , it may cause bug again hence through this info developers and testers at intel may replicate it in their area and find and kill the bug

or maybe there some miscommunication between user account of windows and check for updates of intel arc

this info can help in solving the error and hence good user experience

personally i dont like that red errors of timed out and that no green tick beside name of driver

so i request to please find it and fix it as soon as possible

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayB_Intel

Hello Jimmy24,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We appreciate sharing your findings with us. To us help us with this, please read through and answer our questions or follow our instructions below:

1) Please extract and send us the Intel® Arc™ Control logs from both of your users so that we can conduct further analysis.

The logs are located in the following path: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Intel\IGN\logs

Note: <Username> is the user account name from Windows

If the folders are not visible, it's possible that hidden folders are not listed. In order to make hidden folders visible perform the following steps:

Go to the File Explorer Options by searching (press Windows button and start typing) for it in your system

Go to the View tab

In the Hidden files and folders section select Show hidden files, folders and drivers

Press OK.

Please provide the logs for the 2 Windows user accounts that you have. Also, what types of accounts are these (eg. Local Admin, Local User, etc.)

2) Additionally, kindly send us your system scan using Intel SSU, please follow the steps below to generate the scan:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

The SSU logs will provide further information about your system.

3) When you said you created a second Windows account, was it after you installed the updated driver through Arc Control or created it prior to the driver installation? If you can still remember the steps to replicate this, please also share with us, it will be a big help.

4) And lastly, what was the older Arc driver version and the latest driver version you installed that got you the timeout error? Please provide both versions.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
Jimmy24
New Contributor I

1. yes, this are the 2 logs i am sharing as there were tons , i just took latest created log from both account and both of the accounts are local accounts.

2. i have linked the SSU Logs.

3. i haven't updated any intel driver through arc control the download option is broken since like driver 31.0.101.4824 since then i used to get timed out thing , once i installed drivers through ddu and at that time i got one update in arc control but after one update , the problem got back again and since then i used to get timeout error and hence i have to update driver from intel DSA.

and i have created 2nd windows account on driver 31.0.101.5333 and the steps to replicate is simply going to other users in windows settings , clicking add account and clicking "i dont have persons signin information" and then add user without microsoft account and then any username and i have not written any password (i didnt needed)  and click next the 2nd account will be created.

4. older was 31.0.101.4824 , the latest is 31.0.101.5333.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello Jimmy24,

Thank you for sharing your findings on the issue. However, we will do further research and investigation on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Jimmy24,

We tried to replicate it on our end but cannot get the same results that you are getting.

So now, I'd like to check if the new Windows user you created is a Standard Account or an Administrator account?

If it is a Standard user, can you change it to Administrator and check again? Let me know of the result.

Also, when you move to the 2nd Windows account, do you switch users or sign out from the other user? If using one, can you try the other method of moving to the other Windows account just to check if it will exhibit a different behavior in the time-out?

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Jimmy24
New Contributor I

you didn't got what results i.e your gpu driver update timed out or nothing like that

it was standard account and i changed and checked in administrator too but no change

i switch from one user to another and i have tried to sign out and go to another user too but no chaange

i have a question in your replication enviroment does the driver update working fine or was timed out before creating the 2nd account cuz i had timeout of my main account , when i created 2nd account i got it working but on that one account only you can check the video maybe you never had that timeout issue in main account so you didnt get

if this is true than , update driver through arc control one time it will than give timeout to you too (this is the main bug)

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Jimmy24,

I appreciate your patience and the update you've provided. It's reassuring to hear that during our tests, the driver update process proceeded smoothly without any errors, even after multiple account switches. However, we acknowledge that the absence of errors in our tests does not necessarily mean the issue is resolved, as we have encountered similar situations in the past. The standard resolution in such cases has been to use DDU, which you've already attempted without success.

We have compiled a series of articles that may serve as a guide for our customers experiencing similar issues. These resources can be accessed for additional troubleshooting steps and information. Here are the articles:

Update Check Failed After Updating the Intel® Graphics Driver Using the Intel® Arc™ Control: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000096688/graphics.html

Error "We timed out looking for updates. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant may be offline or having trouble finding the latest drivers. We'll check again in a few minutes." Appears While Checking for Updates on Intel® Arc™ Control: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000096682/graphics.html

Rest assured, we are continuing to investigate this matter diligently. Once we have more information or a solution, we will promptly share an update in this thread.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos