Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Arc A770 16 GB configuration?

kle4tus
Beginner

To start off: I am not a gamer. With that said, I'm not 100% sure what's going on here but my new Intel arc A770 is not doing well with Horizon Forbidden West. I'm pretty positive it has to be a configuration issue as I had a slightly worse AMD GPU running it much better.

System:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

32 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (Intel XMP) DDR4 RAM 3200MT/s CL16-18-18-38

Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus

... not sure what else is needed. 

Basically, everything is granulated... unbearably granulated. I'm not a graphics person (when I play video games, I tend to play old nintendo and super nintendo games) but the mobs blend in with the super granulated backgrounds.

I have no idea where to start with this. 

Motion blurring is off, graphics have been reduced to "High", enabled resizeable bar,  drivers are up to date, and I think that's all I've done up to this point.

Please help! I'm pretty tech savvy but I don't know much about the video games side. 

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MUC
Valued Contributor II

Please run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and perform a scan for all options. Attach the output file here.

Please also create a Report for Intel Graphics Drivers and attach the file here.

kle4tus
Beginner

Hi Muc,

Thanks for taking a look at this. I've attached the 2 files you requested.

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

Unfortunately, I can't see any obvious inconsistency either. Latest BIOS, latest drivers, Resizable BAR activated, RAM should be fine. ViewSonic VX2758A monitor connected via DisplayPort and maximum resolution active.

Unfortunately I don't know the game in question. If the system otherwise works inconspicuously, I would advise researching the requirements of this game specifically in a gaming forum.

0 Kudos
kle4tus
Beginner

I have since wiped the system and still have the same issues. I'm replacing the DP cord tomorrow but if that doesn't work and I can't get a response from anyone, I may just return the card and stick with my AMD rx 5700 which seemed to handle it fine.

Are there any next steps? 

0 Kudos