Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

Assassin's Creed Origins

envisioning
Novice

Running Intel Arc A770 16GB (AsRock Phantom Gaming Edition) with latest drivers (4972), on Windows 11 (up to date).

4K Sony A80K OLED connected via HDMI 2.1.

Running the Steam version of Assasin's Creed Origins on the latest update.

Only a single monitor is connected to the PC.

I ran the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and installed the latest 4972 drivers.

Multiple issues.

Poor Performance: No matter what resolution, and how low I set the graphics parameters (shadows etc), this game has a maximum of 50fps at best. It constantly dips and hangs around 30 or less and the drastic dipping of frame rates causes very poor visual quality: tearing, stuttering, etc. It can get up to 100fps in very small areas, but once a second character walks onto the screen, the frames drop drastically to like 30 fps. Very eradic.

Additionally, at night time, villages in the distance glow all kinds of colors. It appears to be a moonlight/shadow issue and everyone flashes brilliant colors as if fireworks are going off. 

Finally, no matter what game I am running, if I use VRR my screen brightness flashes bright/dark consistantly... the only remedy is to turn off Variable Refresh Rate which sucks because my Sony A85 OLED TV supports it. 

And one final note: this game supports HDR but it is greyed out no matter what I do. Other games I can get HDR to work, but Assasin's Creed and Resident Evil 2 Remake do not let me turn it on.

This is my thread on Resident Evil 2

@https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Resident-Evil-2-HDR-Greyed-Out-Arc-A770-16GB/m-p/1549013#M125346

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

In this case, we need to keep one issue per thread in order to prevent confusion when troubleshooting, so we will focus this one on the performance issue with the game and if needed open new threads for the other issues you are facing and we will be more than willing to help.

Getting into this performance issue with Assasins Creed Origins, please let's test it with driver version 31.0.101.5074, make sure Resizable BAR is enabled in the system BIOS, and check if the same issue happens, if so, we would like to get your system specs to check for possible updates so share with us report from the Intel® System Support Utility.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
envisioning
Novice

Resizeable BAR is enabled.

I will install the latest driver this evening and will report back.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning

I wanted to check if you were able to update and test the driver we recommended in our previous post, but also I wanted to let you know there is even a newer version 31.0.101.5081 so it would be better to update to the latest version and test it.

if the issue persists, please share with us the report from the Intel® System Support Utility we previously requested.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning

Have you been able to test the latest driver with Assassin's Creed Origins? Please let us know if the low-performance issues still exist.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning

We hope that updating to our latest driver helped to resolve the performance issues you were experiencing in Assassin's Creed Origins. Since there are no further comments we will be closing this thread, you can open a new one in case you need assistance with any other problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos