Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20843 Discussions

Atom X5 Z8300 Intel HD driver freezing

MMita
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having problems with the Intel HD drivers on Atom X5 Z8300 system. The manufacturer of the pc (it is called Cenovo Mini PC2) does not provide GPU drivers so Intel ones have to be used. Windows 10 Pro 64bit is installed. Intel Driver Update Utility recommends drivers displayed in attachment.

I've tried using both, they are causing random system hang-ups and freezes with screen full of artifacts (using Driver Display Uninstaller, I've done clean install of them).

When using generic Microsoft gpu driver only, the system runs stable albeit without gpu acceleration.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Tarmiricmi,

Your processor Atom™ x5-Z8300 is embedded with the board of your device. Pre-build systems require custom drivers from your system manufacturer; in your case, the latest drivers will be released by Windows 10 update.

I couldn't find the website of your pc manufacturer, I suggest you to get in touch with your place of purchase and request further assistance.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
MMita
Beginner

Thank you for your input. Actually, I think the cause of those issues are overheating of the PC since it is passively cooled. Since basic Microsoft GPU driver does not use full acceleration and potential of the integrated graphics, PC runs stable. When Intel HD drivers are installed (either through the Win Update or via stand-alone download from Intel's site), they freeze because the system is overheating while using GPU (temperatures over 60 C). It is only logical conclusion.

Web site of the manufacturer is www.cenovo.net, PC is called Mini PC 2. They do not provide the drivers.

I'll have to put active cooling on the PC itself and to try to run Intel drivers with the lowered temperatures.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tarmiricmi,

Thank you for your answer and I wish you all the best of luck.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos