Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

[BUG] WPF application can not launch after driver 31.0.101.5084

chenxuuu
Beginner

what happen:

when I double click a WPF application, it won't start

how to reproduce:

rename a WPF application(empty is ok) to a new file name contain Chinese like '测试.exe', it won't start forever

I provide a test exe, it is from WPF empty project

what I test:

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 31.0.101.4575 ---- it is ok, works fine

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 31.0.101.5084 ---- can not launch

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 31.0.101.5333 ---- can not launch

my environment:

windows11 22H2

language setting Chinese

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13500 2.50 GHz

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
chenxuuu
Beginner

fixed by intel in 31.0.101.5379

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

The problem with the WPF application not launching when renamed with Chinese characters seems to be linked to specific versions of the Intel UHD Graphics drivers. The application works with driver version 31.0.101.4575, but not with subsequent versions, indicating a possible driver regression affecting applications with filenames that include non-ASCII characters.

Try this necessary fix

1. Roll Back Driver: If feasible, revert to the driver version 31.0.101.4575 that was functioning correctly.
2. Check for Updates: Keep an eye out for new driver updates, as Intel might rectify the issue in a forthcoming release.
3. Alternative Workaround: Temporarily, refrain from using non-ASCII characters in your application filenames.
4. Compatibility Settings: Try adjusting the application's compatibility settings, like running it in compatibility mode for an earlier Windows version.
5. System Locale: Confirm that your system locale is set to Chinese, which can influence the handling of non-ASCII characters.
6. Windows Updates: Ensure your Windows 11 is updated, as OS updates can sometimes fix such issues.

Driver complications can be intricate, and solutions may take time. Meanwhile, the steps provided should offer a temporary fix. As a developer, consider programmatically managing file paths and names to ensure compatibility across various system setups and driver versions.

hope this proves to be helpful to you

Cheers,

Max

0 Kudos
chenxuuu
Beginner

fixed by intel in 31.0.101.5379

0 Kudos