Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Bug: Halo infinite is very broken on Iris XE graphics.

Pumkii
Beginner

I saw halo was running on some pretty low end machines so I decided to try mine an i5-1135g7 w/ iris xe, figuring the performance would be playable. But I didn't expect the graphics to be so incompatible that everything was black or just kept disappearing when you moved. I'm gonna link a couple of YouTube videos here that show what its doing and to show its not just me and is happening on other systems. My drivers are up to date and all that. not really looking to solve it, but wanted to make sure intel was aware since i didn't find much buzz online about it. Also i know the game doesn't support intel cards but Forza said the same deal worked fine and got performance updates if i remember right. so i thought i would make a post regardless.

Video 1

Video 2 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Pumkii
Beginner

Hey, just wanted to comment here, I tried out the beta drivers for iris xe that released nov 15, and it got a bit better, trees and a few animations, as well as some parts of the map are now in full color. but a lot of the map still flickers black

EDIT: meant to put this under the mods comment but too late

0 Kudos
bobbarr743
Beginner
0 Kudos
Pumkii
Beginner

Here is the report it generated:

0 Kudos
bobbarr743
Beginner

I'm having the same issue as you.  

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15t-eb100
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎4/‎5/‎2021
OS build 19043.1348
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Intel Graphic Driver 30.0.101.1121.  

30.0.101.1069 was even worse.

Wouldn't load at all on 27.20.100.8438 Rev.A.

0 Kudos
bobbarr743
Beginner

I'm having the same issue on 2020 Spectre x360 1165g7.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Pumkii

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand you mentioned you are not really looking to solve this but we would like to investigate this issue, there might be some troubleshooting steps or reports that we need from you but if you do not want to complete them you can let us know. We will post the updates on the thread

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Pumkii
Beginner

Hey happy to help if you need me to. Ill check back here once or twice a day if I can so just leave a comment here if you need anything.

0 Kudos
Eisenhardtttt
Beginner
Hello david!
I too am experiencing trouble with running halo infinite on my laptop. Im running the game on an intel i5 1135G7 with iris xe and 16 gb of ram. At first, i couldn't even launch the game but when i updated my dch drivers to the November 15 beta version, i could launch the game but the textures and the models are broken and flickering. When i try to play, it gives me 38- 40+ fps which is acceptable on my part but i am still hoping that 11th gen intel chips like mine will support the game before it's official release on December 8..
0 Kudos
bobbarr743
Beginner

It's a shame because even though iris xe is does not meet the minimum reqs, it obviously will run, and with decent FPS.  It's not a resource issue holding this back from working.

0 Kudos
Eisenhardtttt
Beginner

the game runs fine on a ryzen 3 3200g so i know it will run well on an 11th gen i5 with iris xe. i just hope intel fixes their drives really soon because it'll suck for all the intel users that can't play the game. 

0 Kudos
Pumkii
Beginner

From what I've heard its really down to luck with your chip/card. I've seen videos of some top spec rigs getting less than 60 if they go above medium settings, and some mid spec rigs getting better performance than that. If the fps from the glitched version is  any indicator, it seems like iris xe will get around 30-40 on low, which is pretty playable I think

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks to all of you for the information provided, we are still investigating this request. The updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Eisenhardtttt
Beginner
Thank you for the update. Hopefully the drivers get patched and updated as soon as possible so intel users can play the game too
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you all for the feedback, Intel is aware of these issues with Halo Infinite on Iris Xe Graphics and we are investigating the situation so the game can run properly once it officially launches. Fixes for this will be delivered in future driver releases, you can check our downloads page to make sure you get our latest drivers:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
bobbarr743
Beginner

So much for the game running properly once it officially launches. 😪

0 Kudos
Ryanzee
Beginner

I'm able to load into the game using the beta drivers but it's glitchy AF

0 Kudos
Eisenhardtttt
Beginner
The game just launched. Hopefully new drivers will arrive soon.. it'll suck for all of those intel users to not be able to play the game because of a driver issue. I mean the game will obviously run fine given that it can run other AAA titles quite nicely. It can even run forza 5. Hopefully this gets fixed..
0 Kudos
RemnantShw
Beginner
David G Intel

Really, I don't know if you work for Intel.

But I can tell you that this whole thing is a shame.

Halo multiplayer was released for free for over a month.

Intel is a very large company, a giant of companies.

I do not believe that they have not been able to launch a driver update more than a month later so that Intel Iris Xe is compatible with Halo.

We are not talking about just any game. It is one of the largest in the entire industry.

All this is a real shame.

To be honest.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
bobbarr743
Beginner

They released new drivers today (dated 12/13/2021) 30.0.101.1191.  Infinite still doesn't work.  It's actually worse than the last driver release.  In the release notes it says it improves playability for Halo: Combat Evolved.  Infinite is not mentioned.

0 Kudos