Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Call of Duty WW2 IDXGISwapChain: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

envisioning
Beginner

Asus Prime Z690-A with latest BIOS 2305 (3/10/2023)

Core i7 12700KF

32GB DDR5 G.Skill F5-6000J363F16G @ 36-36-36-96-480-2T Timing

650W Power Supply

Windows 11 - Fresh install - New PC

Arc A770 ASRock 8GB

31.0.101.4255 Driver with Intel Arc 1.66.4728.1

Every time I play the game Call of Duty WW2, I get the following error:

envisioning_0-1681446127972.png

I keep tinkering with the settings to see which one it may be without any luck. I tried turning everything to the lowest setting and/or off and the game still hangs at this same location with the same error message.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this and get to the bottom of this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having gaming performance issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

@Stefan3D thank you for the recommendation, @envisioning please let us know if the issue persists or not.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
envisioning
Beginner

Yes, Resizable BAR is enabled. 

envisioning_0-1681524792905.png

No, this game has never worked on this PC - the issue only showed up while playing on this new rig with the ARC A770.

I locked the frames at 60 FPS and ran the game in borderless window... still crashes. I reinstalled the game - still crashes same error.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

Thank you for your response. It has been really helpful.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
RaselisonToky
Beginner
Bonjour, Je rencontre aussi ce même problème sur la même, j'ai jouée au jeu pendant plusieurs heures sans problème sans lag, mais arriver a cette mission précisément j'ai l'erreur ci-dessus mentionné
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
envisioning
Beginner

Good evening Andres, 

Appreciate the continued interest into this issue. I reinstalled the game from scratch and was playing the Campaign up to the Battle of the Bulge Mission and then the error reoccurs. Everything runs beautifully until this mission. It's the same location as last time (when I created the post).

I updated to 31.0.101.4311 but still get the exact same error.

envisioning_0-1682058983492.pngenvisioning_1-1682059071917.png

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

Thank you for your answer and clarification, it has been really helpful

Please answer the questions below, to try to replicate the issue:

• Where the game was downloaded from? For example Steam, Epic, etc.
  • Take screenshots of the game settings.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
envisioning
Beginner

Andres,

I have the game through Steam. Downloaded a brand new copy of the game and even restarted the Campaign. You have to play the Battle of the Bulge Campaign for this game to get hung up.

I have screenshots attached of all the settings windows. Then I have a second series of screenshots showing the exact scene/scenario for this error to occur.

1) Start the mission and skip through the video.

2) Deliver the ammo to the Gunners at the other end of the woods.

3) Snipe the invading German Army

4) Return to the camp to report the attack to Sgt. Pierson. 

5) As you turn to leave the camp, the game freezes with the error. It happens every time, exactly here, and you cannot continue the Campaign - which is what I am trying to accomplish.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

Thank you for your answer, all the information has been really helpful. 

I will start with an investigation, and as soon I have further details I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

We still working on the investigation, and now we will try to replicate the issue, I will let you know the results as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
envisioning
Beginner

Thanks for keeping me updated. 

Appreciate you looking into this.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

We still working on the replication of the issue, we really appreciate your patience.

We want to speed up the process, so please answer the following question a let us know if it is possible for you:

• Since the issue only happens in the mission Battle of the Bulge and it can take some hours to be able to play that mission, can you attach the game-saved files, for us to add them to our system and play only that mission?

If you have issues locating the saved files you can contact Activision for guidance.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
envisioning
Beginner

Attached.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Digitalrich
Beginner

Envisioning- did you ever get this problem fixed? I have the exact same issue, same game, same mission and moment of crash (Battle of the Bulge).

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

Thank you for your answer.

We will continue with the investigation, if I need further information I will let you know, as well when I have further details for you.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello envisioning,

We have been working on the investigation, we have a fix for the OS losing DirectX support issue which seems to be what is happening here. This will be included in an upcoming driver release so please wait for the next 1-2 drivers to retest.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Brane
Beginner

Hello, is there solution for this problem? Because it is still present in this game at the same place of the game.

0 Kudos
Vach_Greg
Beginner

Hey, I've got the same problem here and updates do nothing its the same thing. It stops at the same place, and appears the same window. IS there anything else that can solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Abdoul09
Beginner
I had the same exact problem
This solution worked for me go to window folder SysWow64 copy dxgi.dell and d3d11.dell and paste to cod main folder that should work if you have still issue turn off preload shader
0 Kudos