Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20692 Discussions

Checking for updates is getting timed out on Intel Arc Control after updating to 4672

Crybaby
Novice

Today, after upgrading my graphics driver to 31.0.101.4672, I'm facing a wired problem. Update check on Intel Arc control is getting timed out, and its not telling me if my driver is up to date or not. What can i do to fix this issue. I added a photo of the reply I'm getting after few minutes.Screenshot_2.png

63 Replies
Redcoats365
Beginner

I'm having the exact same issue as well

0 Kudos
Javajoe
Beginner

I am having the same issue as well. AMD Ryzen 5 5600, Gigbyte Aorus Elite mobo, 16gb 3200mhz ram and Intel Arc a750 gpu.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, @Crybaby

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I see you are experiencing and timed-out error when Arc Control checks for updates.

Could you please check if the same issue persists in our latest driver 31.0.101.4676? I advise you to use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the previous driver before updating in case there are any leftovers causing issues.

In addition, please make sure that Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is running in the background when checking for updates in Arc Control since the software is needed for Arc Control to be able to find driver updates.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Cero
Beginner

yes, it remains the same error message

timeout looking for drivers....

0 Kudos
Redcoats365
Beginner

I uninstalled my software yesterday using the DDU and once reinstalled, its now checking for updates (no timeout errors)

0 Kudos
Redcoats365
Beginner

Problem for me hasn't returned since I uninstalled via DDU

Driver version is on 31.0.101.4824 as mine is set to update when there is a new WHQL Certified version available

Manually checking for updates works - I get a spinning circle for a few seconds followed by a message saying I'm up to date

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Cero

Did you perform the installation following the instructions to use Display Driver Uninstaller? It seems that fixed the issue for @Redcoats365.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Blader007
Beginner
For me the solution worked uninstalling the drivers in safe mode, and then installing the new drivers (not in safe mode). It now checks for drivers again. (Also rebooted the machine to be sure it still works).
0 Kudos
NoPleaseNo
Beginner

Oh it does. 

NoPleaseNo_0-1702714438725.png

Infact the interface itself is now frozen. but aleast the grapgics card is back to working... Having to uninstall all drivers and reinstall them manually is really... "Innovative"... Way to update drivers.

0 Kudos
CJbro64
Beginner

This worked perfectly. Thank you for the solution. Hope those dealing with the same issue see this as well.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello @Crybaby

I see some users reporting the issue was resolved after reinstalling the driver in safe mode and using Display Driver Uninstaller. Did you have the chance to try our recommendations? Let us know if you still need help with this problem.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Crybaby
Novice

Hello @Hugo_Intel 

Yes, I Used DDU in safe mode and reinstalled my driver, and it solved the issue. But I'm facing same problem again after upgrading my driver to 31.0.101.4824 from 31.0.101.4672. What should I do now?

0 Kudos
davfel
Novice

this is BS.....you have to uninstall and reinstall in safe mode. pretty pathetic

IrfanAli
Beginner

I'm facing the same issue too on my Arc A750 and i5-13500 ever since I upgraded to 31.0.101.4672. Now I am on 31.0.101.4824 but the timed out issue is still there. 

I can no longer update using Arc Control but now have to rely on Intel Driver & Support Assistant browser page to check and update my graphic drivers.

Inconvenience +1

IrfanAli_0-1694759743208.png

0 Kudos
Crybaby
Novice

I just reinstalled my drivers using DDU. It fixed my issue. But its not possible every time man. Need permanent solution for this isuue

0 Kudos
Blader007
Beginner
The same thing happened to me as well. Updated the drivers via Intel Arc Control and after that was unable to check drivers again. Enabled it again by using the method DDU. But can't keep doing it like this. Please come with a permanent solution.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Crybaby

Thank you for letting us know. I understand that after using DDU and reinstalling driver 4676 the issue was fixed but it happened again after a regular update to driver 4824 which was also resolved after using DDU one more time.

I know using DDU can take a little more time for the driver to be installed, however, it is recommended to use it when an issue occurs and it does not mean it will need to be used every time or that the issue will happen with every driver update, but let me check with our team and check if there is any time of problem with the installer that we need to take a look at. I will post back once I have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
davfel
Novice
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone

In regards to this problem, Display Driver Uninstaller is a general troubleshooting step that we usually recommend for any type of issue and for this specific problem it should be considered the solution since it should not happen in future driver updates, however, we are willing to take a further look at the issue and check if we can reproduce it. Please share with us the exact steps to try to replicate the behavior as well as if it happens only through an Ethernet connection or Wi-Fi or both.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
IrfanAli
Beginner

Hugo,

- DDU is not a permanent solution. Users are reporting that the issue comes back after performing the next upgrade. You don't expect us to run DDU before/after every Arc update?

- For me the issue started first when I upgraded to 31.0.101.4672. The issue followed in the next update I got, which is my current version as well 31.0.101.4824

- I only have Wi-Fi so can't say if it happens through an Ethernet connection as well.

- Below is my current update settings in Arc control.

IrfanAli_0-1695064704492.png

0 Kudos