Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20815 Discussions

Compatibility between Intel InTru 3D technology and NVidia 3D Vision

SSyny
Beginner

I have processor i3-3220 with intel graphics hd 2500 (intel intru 3d included).

Right now i'm going to buy 27'' monitor, which are supported by NVidia 3D Vision.

Besides that i want to buy NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit.

And the question is: With all this items will it be possible to organize 3D playback?

Because unfortunately I didn't see much information about Intel InTru 3D...

If it will not be enough and i will have to buy NVidia GPU, could you recommend what monitor and glasses I have to buy in order to watch

3D using Intel InTru 3D?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Kxwilddede,

You will be able to find additional information on this technology at the following link http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034162.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034162.htm

Please note that the Intru3D comes with the Intel® Graphics controller starting from the 2nd generation Intel® Core processors.

In order to use this feature, is necessary to have some requirements in the components being used:

1. The HDMI port in the computer and in the TV needs to be HDMI 1.4
  2. The Cable needs to support HDMI 1.4
  3. Either a TV or a monitor must support Intru3D
  4. 3D glasses.

Make sure you have all this components and you will be able to enjoy this technology on your system.

Regarding the monitor and glasses you should buy, you might get a reply from another user with some recommendations.

Regards,

SSyny
Beginner

Hello, Sylvia.

I've read your answer. But i have questions regarding p. 3 and p. 4.

"Either a TV or a monitor must support Intru3D" -

this means that these equipment have to be mark with some information about comatibility with Intel InTru 3D. But i can't find the list of supported TVs and monitors on Intel site and in Web.

"3D glasses" -

According to your suggestion i can buy ANY 3D glasses. Ok. I choose 3D glasses from NVidia. Then i buy it. And... it doesn't work. Because without GPU from NVidia 3D may not work.

That is the question - it is possible to realize 3D playback with NVidia 3D glasses and monitor supported by NVidia 3D Vision using Intel® Graphics and Intru3D??

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Kxwilddede, based on the information I provided you on this link http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034162.htm Graphics Drivers — Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology FAQ, in order to use this technology the TV or the monitor need to support stereoscopic 3D and HDMI 1.4.

Regarding the 3D glasses they need to be active shutter 3D glasses in 1080p full high-definition resolution, over HDMI 1.4.

Remember that the use of an external video card will disable the onboard video.

Regards,

0 Kudos
SSyny
Beginner

What will happen if i will buy 3D passive glasses?

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

As I mentioned you before, they need to be active shutter 3D glasses. Any other kind may not work.

I suggest you to ask to the TV manufacturer if they have a list of compatibility products, that way you will be secure about which ones you can buy.

0 Kudos