Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20741 Discussions

Core Ultra 5 125H: Video playback stutters on battery

mcarras
Novice

Hello,

I recently bought an IdeaPad Pro 5i last-gen built with an Intel Core Ultra 5 125H CPU that includes Intel Arc graphics. Overall, the laptop works well, even in demanding games. 

However, when using the battery, video playback gets EXTREMELY choppy (to the point you couldn't see a movie, because it's really annoying). If you plug the computer to the wall, then the problem seems to disappear.

I have tried with both Lenovo-provided and official up-to-date Intel drivers. I have messed just a bit with the energy setup but I've returned everything to default -as it either did not work or should not be a problem in theory.

Maybe, it is a problem of driver optimization. At last, Core Ultra's are quite recent. Nevertheless, I officialy ask for your support.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution
mcarras
Novice
Hello,

It seems that the problem has been solved with the latest release of drivers, rev 31.0.101.5333.

Now it apparently works well even in power saving mode.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vincho
Beginner

Hi, I have same laptop, and same issue happened to me. Using chrome i don´t have this problem. If you use Edge you have to disable hardaware acceleration and power saving mode on browser. Using VLC with different playback lists, I disabled hardware acceleration too, and i changed output format from automatic to Open GL for windows. It works for me when I use battery and even with power saving mode activated. The problem is that other media players that dont have any preferences to change, works really choppy. Intel you have to investigate this issue and give us a solution. It seems to be drivers related.

0 Kudos
mcarras
Novice
Hello,

It seems that the problem has been solved with the latest release of drivers, rev 31.0.101.5333.

Now it apparently works well even in power saving mode.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Vincho
Beginner
Hi, did you try use VLC playing some playlist like m3u format? For me still happening even with latest drivers. Which apps were causing the issue for you? Thanks in advice.
0 Kudos
mcarras
Novice

Hello Vincho,

I did not try VLC. For video files I'm using Windows 11 default media player. It lagged before, as did, in fact, any video source, whether it was on a web browser (youtube, streaming services...) or not.

Check you have the latest drivers, I updated mines just yesterday.

0 Kudos
mcarras
Novice

Well, I hate to post this, but the problem has come back after the last two driver updates.

Please, fix it.

0 Kudos
TimNguyen
Beginner

I have same problem with core ultra 7 155h ... battery saving mode cant play smooth video !

0 Kudos