Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20676 Discussions

DVI instead HDMI

Bogdan3
Beginner

Hello When I connect an external monitor Samsung to the HDMI port, the Intel application recognizes it as DVI. I am attaching a picture. It has been behaving like this lately, probably since the last update of the Intel application. Please help me.Untitled.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
I am confused. Your picture shows the Samsung XXX (provide model info please) plugged into the DVI port, not the HDMI port.
...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
I am confused. Your picture shows the Samsung XXX (provide model info please) plugged into the DVI port, not the HDMI port.
...S
0 Kudos
Bogdan3
Beginner
The model of Samsung îs Flip Pro Digital Flipboard 65 inch.
0 Kudos
Bogdan3
Beginner
I connected the monitor to the HDMI port, but the app says DVI, which is incorrect.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Does the monitor work properly? That is, this is just an inconvenience in what it displays?
Sometimes, it takes a reboot before things like this display properly. Have you tried this?
...S

0 Kudos
Bogdan3
Beginner
Monitor is ok, it works with other computere.

Video îs ok, but no sound. I reboot the AIO, I install the newest driver for Intel.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, having no sound would be consistent with the iGFX thinking that this is a DVI connection. My thought is that this is the result of the iGFX detecting that the monitor had been moved from one connector to another and transferred the configuration from the previous connector to this connector - but without changing the connector type. This was why I originally suggested that you reboot, as this should reestablish the configuration, but, this didn't work. So, we need to remove this configuration completely. The only way I can think to (hopefully) accomplish this is to reinstall the latest driver - but this time doing a clean install.

Here is link for latest driver (build 2127): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/776137/intel-7th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html.

Here is picture that shows where to set the flag for a clean install:

n_scott_pearson_0-1714342363945.png

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Bogdan3
Beginner
I did as you told me, but the problem was not solved.
I am attaching new pictures.
Plase, help me.
0 Kudos
Bogdan3
Beginner
0 Kudos