Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20819 Discussions

Displayport not working with intel HD4600

MHead2
Beginner

Hi,

I have a new HP with an i5 and HD4600 graphics. The displayport does not appear to be working. I currently have one monitor (Dell P2213) using VGA, however I have a second and I want to use display port on both.

When I plug in the second display with DP, the first screen just goes black. The mouse is there and can move it but it can't do anything. Keyboard is still responsive, but I can't see what I am doing. When I remove the cable and return to the first display, the windows have been resized.

I've updated to the latest drivers through the Intel Update manager. Still not working.

Please help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Does the Displayport work properly if it is used alone by itself or connected first before the second monitor?

What is the model of your system? Are you using any type of adapter or converter?

0 Kudos
MHead2
Beginner

No,

The model is a HP EliteDesk 800. It has one VGA and 2 DP. The screens display nothing (don't detect anything and turn off) when using DP only. When using VGA and one DP, the DP again displays nothing but the VGA goes black with the mouse as described earlier. The screens take DP natively, without any adapters.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

If both DP ports in your system share the same issue I would:

0 Kudos