Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20705 Discussions

Driver 31.0.101.4972 crashes Blender

Roflosaur
Novice

Well, this is getting not fun. You are really starts enrage now. You make new driver that crash Blender 3.6 and 4.0 (latest). When I try to switch shader or render view, system freezes, monitors shutting down, and driver restarts. On 101.4953 all works fine for Blender 3.6. So, you broke a f****ng driver. This is unimaginable. How you do that?

Blender bug tracker ticket https://projects.blender.org/blender/blender/issues/115396

Guys, please, hire up programmers.

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400F 2.50 GHz

RAM: 32,0 Gb

GPU: Intel Arc A770 16 Gb

Driver version: 31.0.101.4972

Motherboard: MSI PRO-B660M-P-DDR4

BIOS: 7D24v2D

ReBar: on

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Roflosaur

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

For this issue, it would be better to do the tests only in Blender 4.0 which is the latest version and the one we support. I would advise that you do a reinstallation of the latest driver 31.0.101.4972 using Display Driver Uninstaller and is possible also to reinstall the software on your system to make sure there are no leftover or corrupted files in the Blender installation or driver installation.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Roflosaur

Have you had the chance to reinstall both the latest driver and the Blender Software on your system? Please let us know if this issue still persists.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Roflosaur

We hope the recommendations we provided in our previous posts helped to resolve the crashing issues in Blender, since we have not received a response so far we will close the thread, however, if you need further assistance with this or any other issue you can open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos