Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20714 Discussions

Driver bug when desktop is in portrait mode

DennisT
Beginner

I have submitted an issue for a driver bug here: Support Request (intel.com)

"When the display is in portrait orientation, DirectX 11 does not render correctly in the native resolution. For example, when using a 1920x1080 screen in portrait mode, DirectX correctly initializes a swap chain with 1080x1920 resolution backbuffers. When presenting, the screen is not just rotated, but an extra scaling step seems to be applied. It looks like the width and height are swapped at some point, leading to a loss of resolution. The same code works correctly on other devices, including Intel-based ones. But not on the internal GPU of a Celeron N6210 machine. The problem also does not appear in DirectX 9 mode. An example program written in VS2022 with .NET 8 to reproduce the problem can be found here, including source code: https://tssbv-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/d_de_bruijn_tss_nl1/EdTn-mIIRkVOvT-GHT34C84BYtvblQvX8VNW6Fesev58HQ?e=fpyfWb Using the DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_FLAG_NONPREROTATED flag to skip automatic rotation and performing the rotation in the application does not work either, as can be seen in the code and the various modes in which the example program can initialize the screen. Press ESC to exit the program when in fullscreen."

I have since also tested on another 10th gen device, namely a Core i7-10750H, inside a Dell Inspiron 7501.

I will also attach the application and source code to reproduce the bug here.

0 Kudos
0 Replies