Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20721 Discussions

Dual Monitor issue

sreesms
Beginner

I am using the LG Notebook GX79K, I have connected the dual monitor with Ubuntu 22.04 it doesn't detected. For Windows OS there was no issues. I have followed this @https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/747008/intel-arc-graphics-driver-ubuntu.html

But still I could n't able to detect the second monitor. Also in the settings I couldn't see the Intel ARC driver as the graphics driver. It still shows llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits).  Please advice how to install the Graphics driver so that I can detect dual monitor.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello sreesms,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

Have you tried checking with LG if the notebook is validated to run Ubuntu OS?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
sreesms
Beginner

The LG Notebook can successfully install and run the Ubuntu OS; however, it encounters issues with installing the Intel ARC driver and displaying multiple monitors. Shouldn't this be a matter to address with Intel rather than LG?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello sreesms,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I understand that, however we also need to check if the manufacturer validated Ubuntu.

Can you provide the complete brand and model of the laptop for me to check that.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
sreesms
Beginner
Okay. This is my notebook brand:
LG Gram 16ZD90SP-GX79K
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello sreesms,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have tried to check the validated OS for LG Gram laptops online and all I can see is it only supports Windows 10 and 11.

Just like in your initial post, there is no issue with Windows since it is validated.

At this point, it is best to contact LG first to check of the system is validated to run Ubuntu OS. If yes, you may ask them for the configuration and driver for the dual monitors to work.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos