Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Excel (2019) hangs - HD Graphics 4600

EddyVlaemynck
Beginner

Motherboard Asus Z87 pro

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor

Windows 10 Pro 21H1

HD Graphics 4600  20.19.15.5171 (Up to date)

I installed Office 2019. Excel works fine with files without graphics.

With graphics opening (and closing) takes a long time: Excel not reacting.

Line thickness and labels are giving problems. Changing them causes Excel to hang...

Regkey ShowFirstOptin is set and Hardware acceleration is turned off. I did all the microsoft fingerpointing... all updates done, not the virussoftware, ... It's not me...

So I end up with the graphics driver...

What can be done to get this thing working?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Something else is wrong with your system.  I have Z87 chipset board with Windows 10 and HD4600 graphics 5171, and my Excel 2019 runs fine, and has worked fine since Office 2019 was released.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Something else is wrong with your system.  I have Z87 chipset board with Windows 10 and HD4600 graphics 5171, and my Excel 2019 runs fine, and has worked fine since Office 2019 was released.

0 Kudos
EddyVlaemynck
Beginner

US version of Office works fine, Dutch version not...

0 Kudos
EddyVlaemynck
Beginner

What's the driver software?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

My graphics driver is the same as yours.

You can try installing an nvidia grahics card.  A GTX 760 or GTX 1060 both work fine.

0 Kudos
EddyVlaemynck
Beginner

Thanks for the information, at least I can be sure, it can work on my desktop.  I will try to downgrade to office 2016 (previous was I believe office 2013) and see what happens.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @EddyVlaemynck

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos