Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20671 Discussions

Experiencing drop frames on Youtube/Twitch videos, or scrolling pages

Flamio
New Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some issues with (I suppose) my integrated graphic card. The issues are present only in the battery mode. In the last 3 days i've noticed that when i watch Youtube Videos or Twitch, or when a scroll pages in the comments or any page of browsers I experience freezing, or losing frames (it's like a 0.5/1 sec block of the video, while the audio continues). This is not browser related (i've used Chrome, Firefox, Edge; chache and cookie cleaned, etc.). In those days the only new drivers installed was the NVIDIA last one, and some Windows updates. One thing I did was to restore the PC to the 20/06 but the issue was still there, same lags/freeze; I'm sure it was not present at that time. 

I've tried to disable "Hardware Acc." on Chrome/Edge and this helped: i started experiencing lose of frames more frequently but way less frame (1,2 frames every 0.1sec), but still, the problem is there. I noticed that the browsers are controlled by the Intel UHD Graphics (27.20.100.8280), that's why i think that it's related to the integrated graphic card. Why did this start to happen in the last days? 

Also, one month ago I tried to update the drivers of the integratedGPU as the Intel Software advised me, but my pc started experiencing really bad issues, so i restored the basic one.

What can I do?

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 i7-10750H, NVIDIA RTX 3060

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

"The issues are present only in the battery mode."

That would seem like a clue ... how old is your battery?  

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Hi  @ClariceStarling

I bought the PC in March 2021. When it arrived it had a motherboard issue, when i tried to plug the charger, the pc did not receive power. One month later it came bace from Acer assistance with a new motherboard. So the PC is brand new, i think

Also there are not duration problem in battery mode, it has the same durability of the first day, after installing the drivers

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

My problem is really similar to this thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/dGPU-Freeze-stutter-every-few-seconds-when-viewing-video/m-p/671347

But when i try to update the drivers of HUD Graphic (iGPU) on device manager, there is no update available. I also have W10 Pro

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

I have to Download and make a Scan with e i-SSU, right? Then post it here with a txt? 

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

There it is, @AlHill

I removed some un necessary infos

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Any news?

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Up

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Did you test your Internet speed?

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Man, i've got 200mb in download XD

I'm pretty sure is HUD Graphic related... Also, the scrolling is indipendent from connection 

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Up

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Flamio,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Have you updated the BIOS?

2. Have you get in contact with Acer for instructions?

3. Can you take a video of the issue?

4. Try to update the Windows version, including the optional updates.

5. Try with the Intel driver version:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Hi   @DeividA_Intel ,

1) I have not updated the BIOS version of my laptot: currently it runs Version 2.01

2) I opened a Thread on Acer Forum but I recieved no answers.

3) I will try to upload the video of my issue

4) It's the last version of Windows updates

5) One month ago I tried to update the Intel HUD Graphic driver to the latest one. But that caused conflicts, like crashes of Windows or I could not regulate brighness of the screen. I had to restore the previous one, which is 27.20.100.8280, I think it's the manifacturer's one. Should I try to update now? 

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Dear @DeividA_Intel ,

I'm sorry for the bad quality, I had to use an external device in order to show the issue. As I said, the graphic of videos is being controlled by the iGPU, not the dGPU. I'm also sorry for using the live stream of a streamer, I had to. The laptop is not plugged. 

3') With Hardware Acc. turned on: 

As you can see, from the second 1 --> 2 a freeze occurs, 37 --> 45, 8 lost frames: the audio continues, but the video is blocked. Not the screen, the mouse can be moved. 

3'') Hardware Acc. off: 

As you can see, on the second 2 a freeze occurs, less aggressive than the previous one, but still noticeable. (12 second too).

As I said earlier, it's not browser related: it occurs on Chrome, Edge, Mozilla; with clean cookie and chache. It's not even connection related: it goes with a 200mb on download.

It's not just a video issue: I experience stuttering while scrolling pages, or documents or setting of Windows, or even files in folders. Even here, when I was trying to type, sometimes a freeze occured [Third video: I was holding D button, then A button: a freeze occured] [It also happened when I was trying to rename a file on a folder]

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

up

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Flamio, 

Thank you for the information provided.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards,

Deivid A.  

Flamio
New Contributor I

Hi @DeividA_Intel 

Ok, I'll wait for updates

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Flamio, 

We still investigating this issue, However, I would like to confirm some information that will be helpful for us:

1. Do you see the same behavior when you are using only the Intel graphics (Nvidia one disabled)?

2. Do you see the same behavior when you are using only the Nvidia graphics (Intel one disabled)?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Flamio
New Contributor I

Hi @DeividA_Intel ,

I see this behavior when i'm not plugged in AC current, only in battery mode.

About the graphic cards: Chrome use only integrated graphic (Intel HUD Graphic) while Edge use both Intel HUD Graphic and NVIDIA Graphic. I experience this issue in both cases! 

I've not tried to use ONLY NVIDIA Graphic Card because I have never disabled the iGPU.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Flamio, 

Thanks for the extra information provided.

With these details, we will continue with the research and I will let you know as soon as we have any updates for you. Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos