Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Failed to install graphic driver for HD620

kemot25
Novice

Each time I try to install the latest graphic driver for HD 620 I get the "Installation failed" notification. Check on fthe attachment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

In my opinion, you have some problem in your Windows installation (registry). The easiest way to repair your Windows without affecting your data and application is to perform Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade This is what I would do in the first place.

If you hesitate to perform this process, try to install this driver manually from the Device Manager :

Extract the gfx_win_101.2127.exe on your drive

Device Manager > Display Adapters > Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > select from a list > Have Disk > Browse >

Then go to where you extracted the files, then Graphics folder, then look for igcc_dch.inf, this is the driver file you have to install, after that just keep clicking next and then you're done!

Leon

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
kemot25
Novice

I did with the same result. The banner pops up and then disappears with nothing installed.

I also followed these guidelines https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093344/graphics.html with no success.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos
kemot25
Novice

Thank you for the reply but it didn't help. I uninstalled graphic driver from Device Manager and launched driver installer but it showed the banner "Loading. Please wait...." and nothing else happened.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Are you Administrator on this computer?

2. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
kemot25
Novice

1. Yes, I am an administrator. 

2. Please find the file in attachments.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

In my opinion, you have some problem in your Windows installation (registry). The easiest way to repair your Windows without affecting your data and application is to perform Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade This is what I would do in the first place.

If you hesitate to perform this process, try to install this driver manually from the Device Manager :

Extract the gfx_win_101.2127.exe on your drive

Device Manager > Display Adapters > Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > select from a list > Have Disk > Browse >

Then go to where you extracted the files, then Graphics folder, then look for igcc_dch.inf, this is the driver file you have to install, after that just keep clicking next and then you're done!

Leon

kemot25
Novice

Thank you for your help. I followed your second piece of advice and installed the driver manually and successfully this time.

0 Kudos