Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Game Stuck at 1 FPS When Usually Running Fine

Cyclxne
Beginner

Hi, so about a week ago when I was hopping onto a game (Genshin Impact), it would run fine for about five seconds then suddenly drop to 1 FPS exactly. Usually, it runs perfectly fine at 60, and I've tried many different things to solve this - restart computer, check for graphics driver updates, etc. I've also done HP system diagnostics and the like, but all of them didn't yield any results. To clarify, it's not the game that is choppy. I can hear the audio perfectly fine and smooth, and I'm sure on someone else's screen in co-op mode, my character is also responding to my inputs without delay. It is just the graphics display on my end that is for some reason displaying the game at 1 frames per second.

In the end, I had to uninstall the game completely and reinstall to get it working again. It worked fine for another week or so, but just last night, the same thing happened. Once again, nothing worked except complete reinstallation (I even tried reinstalling the operating system without losing files and apps, and that didn't work either).

It's not a specs problem - usually, the game runs perfectly fine. However, recently, this issue has been appearing, and I'm not sure why it is. Can anyone help me out?

System Info:

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.65 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Cyclxne,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Does the issue happen with other games?
  2. Have you tried using the drivers provided by HP?
  3. Do you get any error codes or messages?
  4. Short video of the issue.

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Cyclxne,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Cyclxne,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos