Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Genshin Impact runs at just 1 FPS after installing 30.0 DCH drivers on Intel® UHD 620 Graphics

Glitch_X
Beginner

This issue has persisted for me for a long time. My processor is Intel® Core® i3-10110U with Intel UHD Graphics. Of course, it is way too low to run Genshin smoothly, but awfully low graphics quality doesn't hurt me. 

I've been playing on the 27.20.100.xxxx DCH graphics drivers for a long time, but ever since the 30.0.10x.xxxx drivers were released, the DCH drivers were seriously bugging Genshin out. When I install any of the 30.0.10x.xxxx drivers, Genshin refuses to use any significant amount of resources and starts running at 1 FPS when I get into the game after loading. I don't know why this is happening. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Glitch_X, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Did the game Genshin ever work fine before on this specific computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Glitch_X
Beginner

Model: HP ProBook 440 G7

This is not a new computer.

I purchased it in August last year.

Yes, and it still works fine if I use the 27.20.100.xxxx drivers. The issue is with the 30.0.10x.xxxx DCH drivers.

The issue starts when I install the 30.0.10x.xxxx DCH drivers. If I revert back to the 27.20.100.xxxx DCH/OEM drivers, things return to normal.

Windows 11 64-bit, 21H2. The issue also persisted back in Windows 10 21H1.

I'm not aware of any hardware/software changes that could cause this issue.

Who plays Genshin at work? Of course, it is at home.

Here is the SSU Report:

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Glitch_X, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the SSU report, the graphics driver currently installed in your computer, as you mentioned, is version 30.0.101.1069, provided by Intel®.

Just to let you know, the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your specific platform. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific device.

And yes, as you also stated, looking in HP's website and the latest graphics driver they have available for your computer, for Windows* 11, is version 27.20.100.9664 Rev.W. That is the proper driver for your system, tested and validated by HP which is the one that works with no problems in your laptop.

Also, we advise to get in contact directly with HP support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your computer or to gather the instructions on how to do that:
https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos