Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

Graphical Glitches in Iris Xe playing Rayman Legends(Black Stripes)

TheDarkLight
Beginner

Hey, my Laptop is an Galaxy Book 2 with an i5-1235U and Iris Xe Graphics. After I installed Rayman Legends it had black stripes all over the screen and I searched for an solution but found nothing.

i had an similar Problem in Dark Souls 3 but a new Driver fixed it. Unfortunaly it didn`t seem to help for Rayman  and online I found only one Reddit thread about this Problem but nobody knew how to fix it so I`m asking for help here.

Can somebody help me with this issue?

Thank you

(I installed Rayman via Steam if thats relevant)

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheDarkLight,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

To better assist you on this matter, we would like to request the following information:

• Is this issue present since day?
  • Which game distribution service you used to install the game? (Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft Connect, Microsoft Store)
  • Could you change the game language and share the game settings you are using?
  • Also, we would like to ask for more system information. Please create a system report using the following tools:
  •  Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."
    • Attach the file to your next response.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TheDarkLight
Beginner

Okay yeah this issue persists since I use this PC. On my old Laptop it worked fine.

As I said I use Steam but Steam installs Ubisoft Connect and launches it over Ubisoft.

For the Language I´m gonna send a Picture and also the Summary.

Already thank You

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheDarkLight,

Thanks for the information provided.

Checking your system report, we noticed that your system is up to date. We would like to recommend you test with our latest version, 31.0.101.4369. However, this time you should perform a clean driver installation process to eliminate the possibility that the issue is caused by files from previous driver installations. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. Intel Generic drivers are for testing purposes.

To discard hardware issues, we would recommend you use another display: Monitor, or TV and check if the issue can still be reproduced.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
TheDarkLight
Beginner

Hey,

unfortunally neither of these tips helped.

It still looks the same. The OEM Driver actually was worse so I installed the generic Driver and it fixed atleast Dark Souls but Rayman Legends looks the same as before. On a Monitor it looks also the same (with the clean installation).

Thank You for trying to help

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheDarkLight,

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheDarkLight,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

To further research this matter, we would like to confirm the following information:

• Does the issue improve if you lowe the graphics resolution of the game?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the game? If not, please try it and let us know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
TheDarkLight
Beginner

Hey Jean,

so I tried your recommendations and the issue persists even after reinstalling the game and changing the resolution.

Here also an screenshot in marvelous 800x600 of the glitch.

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheDarkLight,

We will now resume our investigation of this problem. We will be contacting you back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheDarkLight,

After reviewing this matter, we would like to inform you that we are currently working on this problem. Unfortunately, we can't commit to any time for this, but rest assured that the fix will be implemented in a future release.

Since this requires more effort on our end, we are considering closing this thread. However, we would like to check if you have any other questions we can help you with.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello TheDarkLight,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
mirabelski
Beginner

Hi. I have the same problem with the same game so please let me know if you found a solution. Other games are running fine, including Rayman Origins also from Ubisoft. It was running fine on my old laptop, but not on my new one (DELL Latitude 5440 with Intel Iris Xe Graphics). 

0 Kudos
Hulsker
Novice

Dear Intel Community,

I realize I'm responding to a closed thread, but I experience exactly the same problems so I would like to contribute some information. I installed Rayman Legends through Steam on my new LG Gram laptop with a Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics card. The laptop seems to have issues rendering the graphics. There are large stripes throughout the screen and blocks in menu frames. It is important to remark however, that the game itself has no issues at all: fast loading, smooth transitions and animations, no lag, it is just that there are large stripes and blocks all over.

I attached screenshots of the issue and my system information generated by the Intel SSU. If there is no response due to the fact that the thread is considered closed, I'll make a new thread in a few days.

Best regards

0 Kudos
KEWIN02
Beginner

have the same issue, with all new drivers installed

0 Kudos
jakubch82
Beginner

I also have exactly the same problem. I installed the latest graphics drivers. My computer is NUC12wshi5 16GB Windows 11. Everything is updated (except the bios). My daughter is very disappointed. Help!

0 Kudos
mmroos1983
Beginner

Please see my Steam post to fix your exact problem:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/242550/discussions/0/4357872384980751782/

Have a nice day!

jakubch82
Beginner

OMG! Thx man! Its working flawlessly with Rayman Legends on Intel NUC 12th !!!

0 Kudos