Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20771 Discussions

HP Envy 10x 360 Laptop will not awake after upgrading to Windows 10

AWood4
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago, previous to that on Windows 8.1 I had my Screen to turn off after 5 mins on both battery and power and to Sleep after 3 minutes on both Battery and Power. I never had an issue waking up my laptop. After my laptop started goin to sleep I could not wake it up I hd to power it off using the power button, also when I try shutting down my laptop the power light remain on and I have to use power button to shutdown. I contacted HP and was told that I need a new driver for my Display.

I have waited for Windows Update to update the driver still no luck. I now have 'never' as my answer to shutdown screen and to sleep. I am sure shutting down the laptop with the power button is good for it.

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP Envy 10 x 360 laptop

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

LFP

<tr style="border: 0px; ...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for reporting this problem. I will update this thread when I get any information from engineering team.

Allan.

0 Kudos
AWood4
Beginner
0 Kudos
AWood4
Beginner

This issue has been solved by an HP technician. He did a remote and solved it by removing the Intel Graphic Driver that was on my laptop and installing version 10.18.15 4256

0 Kudos