Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20743 Discussions

Help rollback driver

AndreaZ
Beginner

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for you help!

I have a Dell with an Intel iRISxe. I have connected an LG monitor widescreen ( 29WL50S-B) it was all good until I updated my driver in august and the correct resolution for a 21:9 was apparently no longer supported.

I managed to use the "rollback to last driver" function to make it work. Now I had several updates (I am guessing this) and one again it is not working.

I have a mail from customer support that helped me on the first occasion stating that "In your case it seems that the previous OEM graphics driver version, the 30.0.101.3111, contains a customization that allows higher resolutions and the latest OEM version, the 31.0.101.4091, does not."

How can i roll back to the 30.0.101.3111? If I search for the driver from the intel website it looks not available anymore. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks again!

Andrea

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AndreaZ,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you would like to rollback your driver to a version that supports higher resolutions.

In this case, the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) is Dell, our drivers are generic but the drivers from computer manufacturers (Dell, HP, Acer, MSI, etc) take those drivers and customize them by adding, removing, limiting, and changing features based on their computer needs.

You should check Dell's website, or get in contact with them, to confirm if they have available the driver version 30.0.101.3111 and the steps to properly install it.

Support: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

If you have any questions, let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AndreaZ, 

I am following up to check if you have any additional questions or concerns. Were you able to get in contact with Dell for assistance?

I will be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AndreaZ,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos