Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20720 Discussions

How do you force the latest DCH to apply as the driver?

exhaustedtech
New Contributor I

We can silently install the DCH drivers across the company with no issues. The problem is, the driver doesn't actually apply after installing. What commands can we run to force the driver to apply? We can't manually go onto each and every machine to change the driver.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
exhaustedtech
New Contributor I

We're changing processes to avoid the issue going forward. Instead of using the setup.exe, we're going to use the installer.exe -s as that seems to work fine. It requires copying more files but at least it's working and will save the time of applying the latest driver on every device after install.

Have you folks tested it yourself? If the setup.exe does not properly work on every device we've tried it on, most likely, you all can replicate it yourself. And ftr- our devices are on Win10 21H2, fully patched. It is an Enterprise environment

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
exhaustedtech
New Contributor I

And for the record- even if we manually install the DCH driver on a machine, it still doesn't automatically apply the driver. We'd still have to manually change the driver it's using.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello exhaustedtech,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What driver version is getting installed instead? Or what is the driver version that remains after installing the DCH driver?
  • What is the model(s) of the device(s) where you are trying to install the DCH driver?
  • Do you get any error code after installing the driver?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
exhaustedtech
New Contributor I

Whichever driver was in there previously, still applies. We are trying the latest DCH driver (and have tried multiple DCH drivers over the last 18 months). It applies to every model we've installed it on- 620,630, 680, Iris XE and various others. It is not model specific.

As stated, the drivers install fine so there is no error code. Installation is not the issue, the drivers are just not applying after installation. The old driver remains as the applied driver. Running the setup.exe /s /A /s

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I appreciate all the information provided.

I will further investigate on this. In order to do so, please provide the following:

• Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?
  • As a reference, please provide an SSU report of one of the affected devices:

Download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
exhaustedtech
New Contributor I

We're changing processes to avoid the issue going forward. Instead of using the setup.exe, we're going to use the installer.exe -s as that seems to work fine. It requires copying more files but at least it's working and will save the time of applying the latest driver on every device after install.

Have you folks tested it yourself? If the setup.exe does not properly work on every device we've tried it on, most likely, you all can replicate it yourself. And ftr- our devices are on Win10 21H2, fully patched. It is an Enterprise environment

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I appreciate the information provided.

We can definitely keep working on this and try to replicate the issue and find a solution. However, I would like to have an Intel® SSU report of one of the affected machines as a reference, as it would help us to replicate the environment as similar as possible.

Would you agree to continue with the troubleshooting by providing the file?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello exhaustedtech

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Or, due to the thread being marked as "Solved", please let us know if you would prefer to close this request.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello exhaustedtech

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos