Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Hybrid video on linux

andreineustroev
Beginner

I have laptop Acer Swift SFX16-52G with two Intel video devices.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Alder Lake-P Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:46a6] (rev 0c)

03:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation DG2 [Arc A370M] [8086:5693] (rev 05)

when I run Linux

Linux work 6.1.8-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:07:04 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

only internal video works.

How I can use both?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello andreineustroev

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. Please let us know the following information to assist with this issue:

1.-Please elaborate on the exact issue that you are experiencing as well as the symptoms of the issue. What are you referring to when you say that you want to use both GPUs? Is this for a multi-monitor setup or for a specific application? Please let us know.

2.-Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the log file. Instruction to get the log file on Linux can be found on the release notes on the same website.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
andreineustroev
Beginner

1 I want to have hybrid graphics. Integrate video for low performance tasks, and discrete for high. Now two video card always on, eat power, but only integrate work.

2 work.txt in attache

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello andreineustroev

Thank you for the information that you have provided. I will check if there is any possibility or information available regarding the configurations that you want to achieve. I will post back once I have an update for you or if I need more information from you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello andreineustroev

Thank you for your patience. In regards to Hybrid Graphics on Linux, this will vary depending on the Linux Distro/Flavor that you use, so it will be always better to directly contact the specific distro support.

You could also try using the Prime Feature on Linux. In case you need additional support on this topic you could also post your questions in this GitHub forum.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello andreineustroev

We hope the information provided on this thread was useful for your issue. Since there are no more questions the thread will no longer be monitored. If you need further assistance please open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos