Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Installation Failure 9PLFNLNT3G5G-AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience

awb
Beginner

Hello,

I get the message

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9PLFNLNT3G5G-AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience

on my WIndows 11 System. For system details please see the attached pdf file.

This message pops up nearly every day in the reliability tool together with the critical event 'Windows was not properly shut down'

I uninstalled already the Intel Graphics Command Center and installed the app again. But this does not help. I hope I find some help here.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello awb,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues installing the driver. I will be glad to assist you.

Could you please confirm what is the driver update you are trying to install from the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
awb
Beginner

Hi Steven

many thanks for your answer!

It's not me how wanted to update the software - I've got the message from the reliability tool of Windows 11. It seems to be Windows wanted to update this.

Please see the screen shot I've attached to this post.

I even have no idea what "9PLFNLNT3G5G-AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience" is good for and what it is doing! But always when this message appears in the reliability tool there is also a message "Windows was not properly shot down". So for me there is obviously a connection with it!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

I will research further about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello awb,

This seems more related to the operating system than to the Intel graphics, however, please perform a clean installation of the latest graphics driver 31.0.101.3790 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html)

Make sure to follow the clean installation instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the issue persists, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
awb
Beginner

Hi Steven,

I am very sorry for my late reply - I was very busy the last days. But I appreciate your interest very much !😊
I've been looking for the driver you recommended me to download. Although I was very astonished about it because the driver was lower than the one I downloaded via the  Intel Driver Support Assistance! The one from your link was 31.0.101.2114, the one I have been installed was 31.0.101.2115. So I decided to use the newer one because I was not really sure wether I did a clean install before or not - and because I like your idea to do so 😎! The clean update recognized the already installed driver and asaked me to repair it which I agreed. The installation was successfully and after a restart the system works fine for a couple of days now !

Yesterday I see this message from the reliability tool:

Description
Faulting application name: IGCCTray.exe, version: 1.100.4478.0, time stamp: 0x638787e6
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.963, time stamp: 0x766ca8ae
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00000000000906bc
Faulting process id: 0x0x3040
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D92AE4E6729BC2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_1.100.4478.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt\GCP.ML.BackgroundSysTray\IGCCTray.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 0d9dd32c-7182-4e17-a012-a35504824a5b
Faulting package full name: AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_1.100.4478.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I decided to do a scan with the intel ssu tool. The result is with the attachement to this post.

One last remark:

I am a litle bit concerned the repairing of the driver will not really solve my problem. What I do not understand is that the system was also failed when I do a restart without any hard drive attached - which means also without windows is running ! For this situation I guess the intel graphic driver is no more involved. So I do not  understand why the repaired driver should be the solution for my faulty system! But anyway - as of now the system is running without  any problem!

Do you have an exp;anation for that?
I am looking forwards for your ideas !
Have a nice day
Andreas!

0 Kudos
awb
Beginner
0 Kudos
awb
Beginner

Deleted

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will keep working on this, as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello awb,

Many thanks for your patience.

Based on the steps performed and the fact this is an error from Windows OS, our best recommendation is to contact Microsoft support for further information/assistance. 

This issue should not be affecting the performance of the Intel Graphics.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos