Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20720 Discussions

Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics eligible

dkanderson
Beginner

Hi, curious to what the word "eligible" means in the Iris Xe Graphics.  Some laptop specifications have the work "eligible" and some don't.  Just want to know what it means. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

dkanderson, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, it means the graphics controller will be detected as UHD or Xe graphics depending if the computer supports dual memory channels or not. 

The processors in single-channel memory configurations will default to less than 80 EUs, in alignment with Intel® UHD Graphics branding. To use the Intel® Iris® Xe brand, the system must be populated with 128-bit (dual channel) memory. Otherwise, it will use the Intel® UHD brand.

For further details on this topic, please consult with your computer manufacturer.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
dkanderson
Beginner

Thanks Albert, that makes sense.  Appreciate you taking the time to answer.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

dkanderson, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, we are glad to know that the information provided previously was helpful and useful for you.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
maple2
Novice

Hi if its any help I have ASUS vivobook-15x-oled-k3504 it uses CPU Intel i5-1340p. I bought it with only 8GB DDR4 RAM MICRON 4ATF1G64HZ-3G2F1 soldered on the mobo so the the system was running under UHD only. I wanted to activate the Iris Xe and bought 16GB Corsair Vengeance CMSX16GX4M1A3200C22 - adding the new memory worked like a charm and the Iris Xe is activated.

0 Kudos