Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Integrated graphics problem

Hiro3181
Beginner
I have a weird problem where once my screen turns of from no activity, my second display which runs off of my integrated graphics won't turn back on. The computer doesn't go to sleep, the screen just turns off. When I move the mouse to wake the screens up, my main one comes back on but the second one doesn't.
I'm running an intel core i3 13100 with an intel arc a770 gpu with 32 GBs of ram at 3200 mhz on an asrock b660m rs pro motherboard. I have a 1000w psu that I don't remember brand and I'm pretty sure is at least 80 plus gold rated. Let me know if more info is needed. Also yes I have the device manager set to NOT turn off the display when it goes to sleep or whatever.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
그래요ITech
New Contributor I

hello,

Yeah.., It's weird that you're experiencing an issue where your second monitor, connected to the integrated graphics of your system, is not waking up after the screen turns off due to inactivity. This can be a perplexing issue, but there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve it.

Here are some potential solutions based on the information provided:

1. Make sure that all cables are securely connected to the second monitor. Sometimes a loose connection can cause the monitor not to wake up.
2. Make sure that both your integrated graphics and Intel Arc A770 GPU drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can lead to such issues.
3. Enter your BIOS settings and check for any power-saving features that might be affecting the integrated graphics. Look for settings like 'Integrated Graphics Standby Mode' and 'Integrated Graphics Deep Standby Mode', and disable them if they are enabled.
4. Review your power settings in Windows to ensure that the option to turn off the display is not affecting the second monitor. You can reset the power scheme to default using the command powercfg -restoredefaultschemes in the Command Prompt (run as administrator).
5. Some monitors have a 'Deep Sleep' mode that can interfere with waking up. Check your monitor's settings to see if such a feature is enabled and disable it if necessary.
6. There have been instances where a BIOS update for the motherboard has resolved similar issues. Check the ASRock website for any BIOS updates for your B660M RS PRO motherboard.
7. Try connecting the second monitor to a different port or using a different cable to rule out hardware issues.

Cheers,

Max

0 Kudos