Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20642 Discussions

Intel ARC a750 unusual flickering of some elements in video games

Astorine
Beginner

Computer components:

Windows 11 Home
ASUS motherboard (PRIME B550M-A WIFI II)
16GB DDR4 RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 3600 Mhz (6 cores, 12 processors)
Intel ARC a750 graphics card, connected to ASUS external monitor (a model I and friends have no history of issues with)
Latest Windows 11 version and latest graphics driver, just updated via the Intel Arc software.

Most video games run without issues (as well as unrelated things such as videos, desktop environment and Blender 3d modelling software), however some games experience a constant flickering of some screen elements, usually text but sometimes other elements (generally those that are overlaid upon the screen like images that appear briefly such as item textures that are briefly shown in loading screens). The flickering effect only occurs in full screen mode.

In some cases, interacting with affected games for too long (about a minute) can cause the entire PC to hang and require a manual restart via the power button. This occurs in both full screen and windowed mode.

It is worth noting that the flickering effect applied to the entire screen rather than just text and overlaid image elements prior to my most recent graphics driver update.

A screen recording is attached demonstrating this effect on the main menu screen of a modified version of 'SCP – Containment Breach' [3d horror game for Windows by Undertow Games]. The mouse cursor can also be seen subject to this effect.

I would appreciate any help as so far my troubleshooting attempts have turned up nothing and this renders a fraction of video games entirely unplayable.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Astorine, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I just want to ask a couple of questions so we can arrive at a proper resolution for you. Have you made any changes in your system before the issue occurred? Would you be able to list out the games that are most affected by flickering and send us a screenshot of your in game settings? This will help us identify if there are already known issues with the games. Please also provide the monitor model and port that you use in your display. Are you using any display converters as well? Were you able to try other ports in your system and check if the issue occurred? Does this also occur in your BIOS? I understand that you have already the latest drivers, however, it would be best if you can share with us your SSU logs so we can check for possible errors and be more familiar with your system configuration, this way, it would be faster to find a resolution for you. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Astorine,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Astorine,

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Astorine,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead. 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos