Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20660 Discussions

Intel Arc A380 - 100% 3D Usage on Task Manager for 4K YouTube Playback

Tsukki
Beginner
I have recently bought an AsRock Intel Arc A380 Challenger ITX card in order to use it as a media playback-focused GPU for my LG Ultrafine 5K Monitor (via Thunderbolt 4)

Before having done so, I did regular 4K playback on a 4K monitor using its HDMI port.

What I noticed was "3D" graphs in Task Manager sticking to 100% usage, while video decode was 0% active.

Putting my Youtube Playback Window in my monitors connected to my NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super card makes the video run smooth. Putting it back on my 4K monitor connected to my Intel A380 GPU brings the stuttering/lag/high 3D usage back.

Is it the quality of the GPU lacking proper 4K feedback? Is it a software issue? I've redownloaded the drivers about 3 times now. Let me know what is needed for this problem to be solved. Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tsukki
Beginner
Hey Carmona,

Sorry for the late reply! I have already returned the product, so no need to pursue the matter. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tsukki,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• When did the issue start, and have you made any changes that might have led to the issue?
  • Was the issue only happening when connecting to the monitor?
  • Except for updating your graphics driver, what other troubleshooting steps have you already tried? so we can avoid repeating them.
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tsukki,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards, 
Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Tsukki
Beginner
Hey Carmona,

Sorry for the late reply! I have already returned the product, so no need to pursue the matter. Thank you!
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tsukki,

Thank you so much for the response and for letting us know that you have already returned the product.

We will now close this enquiry. If you may need our assistance in the future, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead. 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos